VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Iris Response 11/22/2010

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I filed mine in Oct.09 and it was for an earlier effective date for my SC cad/IHD. They originally only gave the actual date of my heart attack an operation and I had applied before and been denied. I guess I will see soon how they see this?

Dear Mr XXXXX:

Thank you for your reply to the Department of Veterans Affairs dated November 19, 2010 regarding the status of your claim.

A decision has been made on your claim. Your file will go to the staff that reviews the decision for accuracy and approves the decision, which is usually the final step. This stage should be completed on most claims between 10 and 40 days. Please be advised that a claim may take longer in this phase based on the specifics of your claim.

Generally, if benefits are payable, you may be entitled to a retroactive payment; however, we will not know until we make a final decision. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work our way through the claims processing procedures. You will receive notification via U.S. mail once your claim has been finalized. Your notification letter will explain our decision in detail.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

ogm

How to Contact VA:

On line:

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

These are the denials that would put new IHD clams into the Nehmer Stipulation for retro-if there is proof of exposure to AO.

NVLSP wants to hear from any vets denied in the past for any new AO presumptive claim.

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-RevisedAORelatedDiseases0610.htm

I reported that last week that my claim according to IRIS had gone to notification on Nov 9th and would be 10-40 days for decision.

Well lets fast forward to last Wednesday and while at my VAMC I stopped in to the VSO office and asked him if he could look at his computer and see where claim is. He was gone quite a while and that's never good news! He said that all the computer would show was my case was pending. He dialed the 1-800-827-1000 for me and when I got through to someone I requested a status of my claim, I try to be very positive with anyone who I deal with at the VA, but I could barely understand the person on the phone, English was not her first language. She said something to the effect that congress had held up the ruling and it had only been in effect a short time and they are trying to the best they can. I was stunned! She finally said that "they"had sent out a letter today telling me what the status of my claim was.

I have went from notification, to my claim has been sent to Roanoke VA for Nehmer consideration according to the letter I got yesterday.What were they doing for the last 14 months. What the heck, they want all the records that I have sent in over the last 14 months. and to boot they sent me another form to add wife as a dependent (this will be the 3rd one sent to VA).Still not on award.

My question is do I send back the form that says I have no more records and decide, or send the 13 inch stack of files to them AGAIN. Help need some advice. I have to go back to the VAMC on Monday for Dr. appointment and will see the VSO,but I think he has no clue the same as me.

Dave

My brother had put in a claim back in 1985 and was denied for AO. He died back in 2004. I am the claimant, his sister. They told me that it's in the 3rd stage of notification, same old song and dance 10 to 40 days or longer to get a letter. I'm not sure if they are processing the claims of those who are deceased first or not.

Nam Vet's baby sis:

Was the denial for the same new AO presumptive he had when he died?

If so is your claim with one of the Nehmer sattelite RO's?

(the ones who have a staff focusing solely on Nehmer claims?

If the 1985 denial was for heart disease have you contacted NVLSP yet?

Do you know for a fact that the claim is on the Nehmer list that the ROs and NVLSP are comparing?

Have you contacted NVLSP yet- the AO addy is here in this forum or you can access them at their web site for the questions they need to hae you answer in order to get this into the Nehmer list.

These are the pro bono lawyers who won the Nehmer case.(NVLSP is non profit)