VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod At Dro's Desk

Rate this topic

Usually how long does it take to hear something from the VA once a NOD has reached the DRO's desk? I was told the NOD went to DRO's desk 15Nov10.Im 50%depression/anxiety/agoraphobic, 30%migraines,30%Coranary artery disease. FIled for TDIU AUG08 was denied.Went to Voc. Rehab. and was told I was UNEMPLOYABLE due to service connected health conditions and they fowarded the letter to the NOD file.Im going through the Atlanta VA..

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" I saw your appeal is completed and they granted 2 items. Migraines and individual unemployability. I don't know what percentage for the migraines nor the dates."---this was sent to me from my VA rep. She said I should get the letter next week. Does this mean Im 100%? From what date will they retro it from? What additional non monetary benefits will I be eligible for?

YES it does!!!! The retro should go back to the date of the TDIU application in most cases.

TDIU is paid at the 100% compensation rate!

Congrats - but best to wait for the formal letter which will tell you more.

And check your bank account if you use direct deposit- as they might put the cash in the bank before the award letter comes.

"Went to Voc. Rehab. and was told I was UNEMPLOYABLE due to service connected health conditions and they fowarded the letter to the NOD file.Im going through the Atlanta VA."

This s proof positive that you are unemployable due to your SCs.

Have you applied for SSDI yet?

YES it does!!!! The retro should go back to the date of the TDIU application in most cases.

TDIU is paid at the 100% compensation rate!

Congrats - but best to wait for the formal letter which will tell you more.

And check your bank account if you use direct deposit- as they might put the cash in the bank before the award letter comes.

"Went to Voc. Rehab. and was told I was UNEMPLOYABLE due to service connected health conditions and they fowarded the letter to the NOD file.Im going through the Atlanta VA."

This s proof positive that you are unemployable due to your SCs.

Have you applied for SSDI yet?

Thats a strange situation, I worked since I was 15, went into Navy at 20 did 10 years and got out. I havent been able to keep much of a job since I got out 2001. Maybe 3000 per year for 3 years and no work at all since 05. When I called the SS people they said I did not qualify because I didnt pay enough in on certain quarters or something like that. I called the VA to see if they have sent out a letter yet and was told " the decision has been made but needs to be authorized" something about checking it for mistakes before it gets approved and award letter sent, But that was the National Call center and Im hoping my DAV rep has a little more insight into the whole thing.

Thats a strange situation, I worked since I was 15, went into Navy at 20 did 10 years and got out. I havent been able to keep much of a job since I got out 2001. Maybe 3000 per year for 3 years and no work at all since 05. When I called the SS people they said I did not qualify because I didnt pay enough in on certain quarters or something like that. I called the VA to see if they have sent out a letter yet and was told " the decision has been made but needs to be authorized" something about checking it for mistakes before it gets approved and award letter sent, But that was the National Call center and Im hoping my DAV rep has a little more insight into the whole thing.

nsallies,

I'd call SSA back to see if they counted your military time.

Even if they did if too many years passed without employment paying in FICA etc..., then they are probably correct.