VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Followup Qtc C&p Exam ?

Rate this question

gemsurf

Question

I was rated 10% for a reconstructed left knee in 1975. Over the years of walking with a limp, I have developed low back and hip pain primarily due to arthritis and DDD/DJD. I have been recieving medical treatment via the VA since 2000 for all of these conditions and they are well documented with several unsolicited VA Doc nexus opinions that they were caused by my antalgic gait.. So in September I applied for disablilty ratings for the hips, back and right knee secondary to my left knee as well as TDIU. I had my original QTC exam three weeks ago which was for my left knee. When I was being examined the Dr said she would go ahead and check out the secondary claimed disabilities too. She even had my hips, back, and right knee xrayed as well as she did the range of motion tests, etc..etc... . Having read many of the stories here, I was kinda prepared for the worst and was really pleasantly suprised with this dr. She seemed to be very receptive to when and where the pain began with motion etc.. so I felt confident. Although I didn't ask and the Dr didn't tell, I really feel I will get very favorable results from this exam because it was on a particularly painful day compared to most. I specifically asked if she had my VA Medical records and she didn't. I offered her an extra 5 inch binder with mine and/or a CDrom with those same records converted to PDFs and she refused them which I felt was odd since she didn't have anything? Overall I felt the exam went well and was accurate of my limitations.

Fast forward and I get another appt letter from QTC for another appointment (with the same doctor) but it doesn't say what it's for. I call the number and they tell me it is for a "follow up" to the original exam? When I tried to drill down further, she repeated that it was "just a followup" and I will be getting more xrays including my chest too? Should this be of any concern? Should I bring the medical records again and offer them? The original exam was pretty thorough relating to all of my claims so I'm wondering what is up with this?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to the exam by all means. Do you have private opinions regarding these secondary conditions to establish a nexus?

There is no real way to tell how the exams will be written up until you get the copies of the exams. You want to do this via your VARO. Ask for a copy of the exam.

Thanks john999. I have already requested the original exam on iris and will do it again after this exam. The nexus opinions I have are part of my VA Medical record(which is why I wanted the doc to have them). Do you think copying and offering the select pages from the records with highlighted opinions be to bold of a step with a QTC doctor?

Go to the exam by all means. Do you have private opinions regarding these secondary conditions to establish a nexus?

There is no real way to tell how the exams will be written up until you get the copies of the exams. You want to do this via your VARO. Ask for a copy of the exam.

gem,

Being that your exam/s were done by QTC, chances are good that

your VARO might not release copies of the exam to you, until after a decision has been made.

Copies of C&P examinations are much more easy to obtain when the exam

is conducted at a VAMC.

JMHO.