VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Ptsd Rules - New Topic

Rate this question

OEF 21B

Question

Any C&P Experts,

Here's a "clean" copy of my C&P exam where the VA examiner states "As mentioned above, while I do see a number of symptoms of PTSD, I do not see sufficient evidence to support a full PTSD diagnosis. Therefore, I am giving an Anxiety Disorder NOS diagnosis, but do note that his Anxiety Disorder does relate to his combat tours in Afghanistan more likely than not."

I filed my claim on 30 August 2010 and had my C&P on 20 October 2010.

Not looking for any 'rating' guesses, just general thoughts and comments on the C&P exam and how it was written up since this was AFTER the new PTSD rules were in effect.

Based on my notes of what I disucssed during the C&P exam, I believe that I meet the DMS-IV criteria for a stressor, at least 3 Intrusive/Recurrent symptoms, at least 4 Avoidant/Numbing symptoms (VA examiner states he only saw 2), and VA examiner states that I exhibit all of the Hyper-Arousal symtoms.

Thanks,

OEF 21B

20 Oct 10_C&P Exam from Dallas VAMC_Public View_Low Res.pdf

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

OEF

That C&P exam is absurd. Anxiety related to a combat tour is PTSD. No one has all the symptoms. This is why it should not be left in the hands of only the VA to DX PTSD. Some vets have depression after combat tours. This all related to PTSD in some form. You can be rated 100% for anxiety NOS. PTSD is just a name for particular kind of anxiety reaction. It looks to me that the VA is trying to avoid making PTSD DX on orders from above.

• HadIt.com Elder

Look out brother. This C and P is a bad one. Your Anxiety disorder was not related to your Military service according to the Donald Duck Examiner.

Time to get a second opinion from a higher ranking source before you get screwed over.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

I tend to disagree with JB on this one. The examiner DOES connect the Anxiety NOS to military service.

Lessee................I'd give it a 9.8 on "difficulty" and a 8.0.............ooooops, I'm sorry..........I was thinking about something else....................I'd give it a 30% on the Anxiety NOS.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would still get a second opinion from a Doctor instead of a Practitioner.

I did not read the report correctly and it does look favorable, but I do expect this exam gives the RO an opportunity to low ball the rating as it stands.

Do you have a good VSO working on it for you. They should advice you accordingly.

J

Thanks J.

I didn't have a VSO when I filed, but requested one from the DAV about two weeks ago. As of today, I haven't heard from them. My buddy that retired from the VA is advising me and I'm just waiting for the final rating before doing anything else. I'm actually expecting a rating of SC-0% to SC-10%... but we'll see what happens.

I would still get a second opinion from a Doctor instead of a Practitioner.

I did not read the report correctly and it does look favorable, but I do expect this exam gives the RO an opportunity to low ball the rating as it stands.

Do you have a good VSO working on it for you. They should advice you accordingly.

J