VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Earlier Effective Date Denied!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Well got the letter today from VA in a small white envelope and it said denied for an earlier effective date based on all the evidence in my folder....

While I agree that the tests the VA and C&P ran in 2003 and 2005 did not show heart disease I believe it was because of the sub-standard testing preformed at the 2 C&P's.

I am at 100% P&T with SMC-s so I guess I should be grateful and just walk away from this now before it really does kill me! I guess I might.

Then again I may contact a lawyer and get some advise on how to precede. Berta always said that I might have a better chance at a FTCA claim or a 1151 but I just don't know now.

How the VA can say that a vet that comes to them with angina and hyperlipdemia should not be tested appropriately by echo or angio is just beyond me. My blockages of 100%/90% and 50% THAT DAMAGED 40% OF MY HEART DID NOT JUST OCCUR ON OCT.05!! They were there and nobody detected them and it almost killed me!!

Sorry I am running on and yes ranting... I need to clam down. Let me know what you all think.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by stillhere

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Stillhere

I got a heart c&p where the NP that did it just guessed. I had no testing. I went back to my PCP and she ordered me up some tests and on appeal I got 60%. Keep fighting and get a lawyer if you have to do it. You want to appeal this with or without a lawyer.

• HadIt.com Elder

Brother I feel the exact same way. I have been preaching about these Echo's and test for a long time. They are a freaking joke, especially if the testee is a thick walled individual like myself.

My advice for any vet with heart issues. Stay the hell away from VA Cardiology unless you are the proud owner of a metal box and a plot of land.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

The only test that really tells the tale is the heart cath and that has risks. I would not want the VA to do that to me since they would probably kill me. My VAMC got in trouble for doing too many open heart operations on inappropriate patients back years ago. They cut open every old and very sick geezer that walked through the door to teach surgeons.

Stillhere...

My Vet just got awarded 60% for IHD/AO and his date went back to Nov 09. He filed for hypertension and heart disease back in 1979 when he retired from the AF, but they say because he never received TREATMENT for hypertension or evidenced any heart disease on chest x-ray and electrocardiogram at that time, they only awarded back to Nov 09 and was, therefore, not a Nehmer claim. (both x-ray or electrocardiogram are worthless tests for ischemic heart disease)13 monoths after the EKG,etc. he had three cardiac arrests from a massive heart attack, followed by four by-passes at the grand old age of 39! I think it borders on malpractice for you guys to be sent out the door and told you are fine and then end up with heart damage from a MI that maybe could have been avoided! Rotten. I have no clue as to where you should go from here, but am hoping the elders step in to guide you.

Lorraine

Brother I feel the exact same way. I have been preaching about these Echo's and test for a long time. They are a freaking joke, especially if the testee is a thick walled individual like myself.

My advice for any vet with heart issues. Stay the hell away from VA Cardiology unless you are the proud owner of a metal box and a plot of land.

J

I agree! Even though I am 100% I do not use the VA cardio. My wife bless he, is still working and gets insurance for me! I use private now for all my heart treatments!

I complained to my VA PCP last check up and she (without my knowing) put me in for a cardio appointment at the VAMC) When I found out I told her I wasn't going and why!

Also the RO put on my denial that my % and payment per month would stay the same! So they did not trying and lower me!

The only test that really tells the tale is the heart cath and that has risks. I would not want the VA to do that to me since they would probably kill me. My VAMC got in trouble for doing too many open heart operations on inappropriate patients back years ago. They cut open every old and very sick geezer that walked through the door to teach surgeons.

I am very leery of anything I let this VAMC do! My brother died there after an operation that was deemed successful!