VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medicine ?

Rate this topic

Hi,

My husband was given ibuprofen 800mg. This was for a non sc condition. When they gave it to him, they gave him 4 bottles at one time and said it was no charge. He is 10% sc and pays a co-pay on other medicines. My question is...are there certain medicines at no charge and if so is there a list somewhere that tells about this?

Thanks,

sbrewer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is 10 percent and only will be charged (supposedly) 7 dollars for non sewrvice connected conditions. I believe Ibuprofeben is considered an Over the counter drug.

He is 10 percent and only will be charged (supposedly) 7 dollars for non sewrvice connected conditions. I believe Ibuprofeben is considered an Over the counter drug.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes this is true. He is charged $7.00 for all his non sc meds, but what about over the counter drugs. Ibuprofen is an over the counter but are there other meds such as asprin and so forth that you can get from the VA at no charge? He takes asprin everday for heart problems.

thanks,

sbrewer

Yes this is true. He is charged $7.00 for all his non sc meds, but what about over the counter drugs. Ibuprofen is an over the counter but are there other meds such as asprin and so forth that you can get from the VA at no charge? He takes asprin everday for heart problems.

thanks,

sbrewer

He probably can get any of the OTC medicines at no charge including aspirin. I'm not sure on the regs on this, will do some searching...but they gave me 325mg coated aspirin for my daily heart medicine. I have since gone back to the baby aspirin because I was taking 2 other medicines and the combination of the 3 made me bleed real easy, only a scratch and it was hrad to get it stopped bleeding. I'm not a free bleeder. Will let you know what I can find out on the OTC meds.