VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Leaving 100% Rating Alone?

Rate this question

FrankieG23

Question

I was told by VA 800 number to make new claim to separate the heart disease (filed in 5/03 with approval 6/03 for 60% on stent and 8/03 approval for Defibilator placement making him100%) This was all secondary to the DMII. The couple of people at the 800 number told me different stories. I was very confused. The person I listened to (bad mistake) told me to put in claim for the IHD. My intention was to have it made a condition on it's own merit with the new ruling, and to take it off of the secondary status. The person said it could make a difference if he passed away from the disease. My husband put in claim 10/30/10, went to his C & P exam 12/2/10. The examier was so upset we put in claim that it might jepordize was he was already getting. She didnt want him to loose anything and she had heard it was happening, He was told that people in Nehmer would be seen when it was found that they had heart disease, and they could take away from his rating now. She wrote on this new claim that it was made in error, and we went back up to the C & P office and canceled the claim. I wouldn't have started anything if I new this would have happened. Now I am just hoping nothing changes. Has anyone had this experience. The woman at the C & P office called someone and they said it should be ok, I just hope it is. He also had a claim along with this one for SC secondary to DMII for Meniers's Disease, now I dont know if I should pursue it, and just cancel everything. If approved he can put in for the life insurance wavier

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"He was told that people in Nehmer would be seen when it was found that they had heart disease, and they could take away from his rating now. She wrote on this new claim that it was made in error, and we went back up to the C & P office and canceled the claim. "

Who is this person starting this type of rumor?What VA did this come from?

It is BS.

BUT Maybe he is,in fact, properly compensated now for IHD.

If he was denied for IHD prior to their award of secondary to DMII and was at a ratable level then yes he should put in a claim but it looks to me like he is getting proper comp for it now.

"My intention was to have it made a condition on it's own merit with the new ruling, and to take it off of the secondary status." It would a moot issue if his current rating is correct and not matter or have any monetary advantage.

"The person said it could make a difference if he passed away from the disease"

As long as the IHD is SC now as secondary to SC DMII or SC under AO regs, and is a contributing factor to his death-I cannot comprehend what difference it would make.

If he is 100% IHD and can get any other rating up to 60%SC or if he is eligible for the Housebound award, he should file a claim for SMC consideration.

"The woman at the C & P office called someone and they said it should be ok, I just hope it is. He also had a claim along with this one for SC secondary to DMII for Meniers's Disease, now I dont know if I should pursue it, and just cancel everything."

Definitely pursue that but that will need a strong medical opinion to associate the Menieres with the DMII. "If approved he can put in for the life insurance wavier"

With 100 now SC for his heart condition why isn't he eligible now for insurance waiver?

Others will chime in here too.I need to find more info on the life insurance waiver and will post here.

These past hadit posts might help you with the life insurance question: