VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2Hr 13Min Ptsd C&p Exam

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

Guys I just had a C&P exam for PTSD on the 17th of Nov that lasted over two hours and I was wondering if you all would look at it and give me your best guess at a rating I might get. Also if I do get rated for it should I file for TDIU as I have not been able to work for the last two yrs? How long does it take for them to give you a decision after the C&P?

C&P PTSD.pdf

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I dont know how long this will take for decision but YES- Apply for TDIU NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will assume here that VA might award 70% and send you the TDIU form- Might-

but if you send it yourself (You can use a 21-4138 as cover letter and attach the form)you can protect the earliest date of entitlement when they get it.

I assume also the SSDI is solely for PTSD. ?

Have they asked you to authorize that they get the SSA records Yet? This is prime evidence also of TDIU.

I am concerned about your past PTSD denials? Were they aware of (and did they have at that time) the SSA award?

On the TDIU form check yes to # 18 and then under #25 Remarks refer them t separate page and tell them anything else that will support the TDIU finding- with this C & P you dnt have to add much at all.

My 3 1/2 floppy with the form disappeared- it is form 21-8940 at the VA web site and also here somewhere.

Keep copies of everything and get proof of mailing everything you send to them.

My assumption of the 70% is only an educated guess here, they could award a lower rate but the TDIU will come into play at some point anyhow-patable at the 100% rate of comp. The C & P examiner did the job right.This is an excellent C & P report.

Gee I failed to read the other responses here first before I even posted-

glad to see others support a high rating here too.

Welcome aboard

Make sure pf you attach a page under remarks that you again remind them of the SSA award.

Testvet made a good point:

"the exam seems to be very favorable to your claim the fact that you are getting SSD for PTSD should be a major factor in your rating but I get the feeling they will use the fact that you are not in counseling or on any types of meds against you I had a GAF score of 30"

That could happen for a low ball award-they used that ploy long ago to try to lower my husband's 30 % to 10% using Voc Rehab against him and fact he had just gained part time VA job and was not medicated for PTSD at all.

But he had continous treatment records with the VA shrink at the VA which employed him -starting a few weeks after we moved here from NJ and also had continuous Vet Center records from NJ- I met him at the NJ Vet Center.

VA wants to justify their PTSD awards with PTSD therapy and/or meds.

Vet Centers do a wonderful job in having a non-judgemental environment for veterans to relate to each other in.

The VA has no cure for PTSD but they do provide positive ways of dealing with it.

And only other PTSD veterans really understand how you feel in a vet center situation.

But it pays to begin a good relationship with a VA mental health provider,too, at a VAMC.

Edited by Berta

Yeah

My PTSD was 3 hours and 3 written Exam test Combat Exposure Scale and MMPI and PCL

of my 3 C&P exam. the Malaria was 1 hour and the audio metrices was 1 hour 30 minutes

PLus the fact of answering questions but the Psy doctor did it by the book exacty like i read

it from the Manual Good Luck..

34 days later here in Los Angeles it alreay at the rating team it went into rating 34 days after C&P

December 7th it started now to see how long it takes for them to be done

I heard it take 14 to 27 days that make it a early January completion.

Take Care

Bless have a Happy Holiday

MarineVet1

I just found out today that I have just been awarded 50% for PTSD and Agoraphobia all the way back to Feb of 2005.

My question is I am already 40% service connected and have a wife and daughter. Will they give me backpay in the amount of 50% by myself or will they include my wife and daughter 50% backpay, because they have been paying me at 40% with wife and daughter.....make sense?

• HadIt.com Elder

What happens is anybody's guess, since the VA has been known to screw things up, and not give the veteran enough detail to make the screwup obvious.

I'd try to determine - -

What the total VA compensation at the lower rate has been paid.

What should the VA compensation have been if paid at the new retroactive rate. (Remember to account for annual changes, etc.)

Subtract the former from the latter to determine the correct retro due.

Make sure that the new compensation is at the correct rate.

I just found out today that I have just been awarded 50% for PTSD and Agoraphobia all the way back to Feb of 2005.

My question is I am already 40% service connected and have a wife and daughter. Will they give me backpay in the amount of 50% by myself or will they include my wife and daughter 50% backpay, because they have been paying me at 40% with wife and daughter.....make sense?