VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get A Dr To State Probability Of Illenss Related To Pgw

Rate this question

Jimme

Question

I have been suffereing from the muscle pains, joint aches, loss of memory, anxiety, loss of concentration,severe headaches (they call migraines),PTSD, violent outbursts, depression, and several other symptoms. I have been a victim of test for this and test for that with no confirmed illnesses.

I have missed work, no called no showed work, taken all my vacation and sick time to go to VA Dr appointmets over the past years and yet I still have nothing specifically identifiably wrong.

One VA Dr told me he could not do anything else for my pain because he did not know why I have it. I have been acused by other VA Dr's of "drug seeking".

I am frustrated and like other know I am getting the run around.

How can I get a Dr. to state that I have PGI or symptoms are related. I have been in the VA network since I retired in 1999. I went to Wright Pat AFB with these symptoms while on active duty in the range of 1994-1999. How do I get the VA or some Dr to acknowledge my illness is possibly related to my service time in the Desert Shield/storm? My concentration is so bad I try to read articles but they are all so confusing.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Even if you have some asbestos findings on your chest xray (called pleural plaques or calcifications), asbestos exposure does NOT cause COPD.

Smokes do. So don't feel bad if you get denied.... it's common medical sense.

me1,

Most common sense and VBA don't even go together.

It's really up to a qualified doctor to make a nexus and support it with their full medical rationale.

Non-smokers that have asthma usually wind up with a COPD diagnosis some time down the road.

COPD includes many types of different respiratory conditions.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome aboard, HADIT, 'me1'. I like your board name.

Thank you for your comments, here on 'Jimme's' thread,

I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and comments on other topics, as well, here on HADIT.

Happy Holidays,

Cmdr. Bob

post-4811-0-48521100-1293361066_thumb.jp

Edited by Commander Bob