VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Facet Joint Syndrome

Rate this question

kelt

Question

I had a C&P Exam for myofacial pain syndrome, migraines, ulcerative colitis,& insomnia; all secondary to my sc ddd lumbar & cevical spine. The C&P Doctor diagnosed me with 1)Facet Joint Syndrome. 2)Cervicogenic Headache Syndrome with migrainous features. 3)Comorbid Insomnia. 4)Multilevel Disc Disease & Degenerative Arthritis of the Lumbar Spine-Service Connected. 5)Multilevel Degenerative Arthritis with foraminal narrowing of the Cervical Spine-Service Connected. The rationale he gave was: "Based on my clinical experince, a review of this veteran's STR's & C-file, as well as the available medical literature, it appears that this veteran suffered a significant & serious injury to his lumbar & cervical spine while on active duty in the US Air Force. It is likely that this injury contributed to, or directly caused" the aboved 1-5 mentioned diagnosis. My question is do you think this is a good exam for an increase/secondary claim. Also I can't find where Facet Joint Syndrome is listed as for diagnostic codes nor Comorbid Insomnia. In reference to the Ulcerative Colitis he said "Studies have shown people who suffer with IBD have a higher rate of Arthritis, including Arthritis of the spine, this may be complicating or adding to the veteran's symptoms". Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So did you ever have a bone graft done for your surgery and if so did it give you complications. VA svc-connected me but gave me 0% because the used the dc 7805 for scars I told them it was my illiac crest that hurts to move lifting my rgt thigh is very painful.  I told them I never claim a scar but the donor site pain.  I welcome any advice you could give.  Cause Louisville Ky varo is no help at all. 

have u had surgery

I had a C&P Exam for myofacial pain syndrome, migraines, ulcerative colitis,& insomnia; all secondary to my sc ddd lumbar & cevical spine. The C&P Doctor diagnosed me with 1)Facet Joint Syndrome. 2)Cervicogenic Headache Syndrome with migrainous features. 3)Comorbid Insomnia. 4)Multilevel Disc Disease & Degenerative Arthritis of the Lumbar Spine-Service Connected. 5)Multilevel Degenerative Arthritis with foraminal narrowing of the Cervical Spine-Service Connected. The rationale he gave was: "Based on my clinical experince, a review of this veteran's STR's & C-file, as well as the available medical literature, it appears that this veteran suffered a significant & serious injury to his lumbar & cervical spine while on active duty in the US Air Force. It is likely that this injury contributed to, or directly caused" the aboved 1-5 mentioned diagnosis. My question is do you think this is a good exam for an increase/secondary claim. Also I can't find where Facet Joint Syndrome is listed as for diagnostic codes nor Comorbid Insomnia. In reference to the Ulcerative Colitis he said "Studies have shown people who suffer with IBD have a higher rate of Arthritis, including Arthritis of the spine, this may be complicating or adding to the veteran's symptoms". Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated.

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you had epidural injections for facet joint pain. They say if you have the injections and your pain goes away that is diagnositic for facet joint syndrome. I had many injections. It did me no good, but works wonders for others.

Does it hurt when you sit for a long time? Is your back very stiff in the morning?

Have you had epidural injections for facet joint pain. They say if you have the injections and your pain goes away that is diagnositic for facet joint syndrome. I had many injections. It did me no good, but works wonders for others.

Does it hurt when you sit for a long time? Is your back very stiff in the morning?

I've had the injections with no lasting benefit, Yes, I hurt if I sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time and sometimes I hurt if I sit, stand, or walk for a short period of time. The stiffness is a constant with the neck & back. The pain is a constant.

I have the same problem with constant spasms so bad my spine is straight with no curve. I had injections, rizotamy, this that and the other with no relief. Its hard to sit very long , stand or walk. Some times when I walk a nerve gets pinched and I cant take another step till it stops very painful. I am told I need a fusion l4,5,and s1. I am going to hold off on that but I am going ahead with a cervical revision at c 4,5. Facet pain can be very dibilitating.