VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssa And Va On Td

Rate this question

GDavis9755

Question

I'm rated 80% SC and have been getting SCD dated from Feb. 08. In 07 I was turned down by the VA for TDIU because of something I was suppose to have said. Some where I was suppose to have told someone I was working. I sure don't remember saying anything like that to anybody, since I have not been working from 05 to present. Any how, SCD was awarded me with the primary reason of a non-service connected problem. Secondary was the listing of all my service connected injury's. My question is how am I suppose to work, VA says I can, when the SC say's I'm disabled and unable to work? If I work, I lose SC. I filed a nod last year and have not heard a world from the VA. Anyone else with this problem and time frame for the VA to answer a NOD. Any suggestions to get these moving or give me another turn down. None of my service ratings are rated more then 30%, but the total to date is 80%. I am going to file another claim for ID because of all the drugs they have given me. Reading from these forums, I would guess I will be given another 10% increase which should move me to 90%. Thanks all for your answers.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Please reread your post and post it again with the correct abbreviations. I can't make heads or tails of what you're asking. SCD? SC? ID? Another 10% added to 80% will probably keep you at 80%.

pr

I'm rated 80% SC and have been getting SCD dated from Feb. 08. In 07 I was turned down by the VA for TDIU because of something I was suppose to have said. Some where I was suppose to have told someone I was working. I sure don't remember saying anything like that to anybody, since I have not been working from 05 to present. Any how, SCD was awarded me with the primary reason of a non-service connected problem. Secondary was the listing of all my service connected injury's. My question is how am I suppose to work, VA says I can, when the SC say's I'm disabled and unable to work? If I work, I lose SC. I filed a nod last year and have not heard a world from the VA. Anyone else with this problem and time frame for the VA to answer a NOD. Any suggestions to get these moving or give me another turn down. None of my service ratings are rated more then 30%, but the total to date is 80%. I am going to file another claim for ID because of all the drugs they have given me. Reading from these forums, I would guess I will be given another 10% increase which should move me to 90%. Thanks all for your answers.

Please reread your post and post it again with the correct abbreviations. I can't make heads or tails of what you're asking. SCD? SC? ID? Another 10% added to 80% will probably keep you at 80%.

Sorry, SC= service connected, SCD= social security disability, ID=erectile dysfunction.

pr

Do you have a letter from a medical professional stating that you can't work?

Have you gone to VocRehab and had them make such a statement?

Those are a couple of good places to start.

My primary VA care doctor wrote a letter stating just that. Only he also put my other disability, (back) in the letter also. Of course they read it as being my only disability, instead of all my service connected problems listed also. I'll check into the VocRehab. Looks to me as the VA is putting all the problem on the back. Sure the back surgery was a big problem, it along with all my other problems, (gun shot wounds, PTSD, etc). The total of all my problems is what caused me to get out of my own business. I tried and just could not do what needed to be done and had to retire. I sure didn't want to do that, it just comes a time when you need to call it quits.