VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd 70%

Rate this question

NycVet0707

Question

I am a female veteran who is in need of some informaiton, I am an OEF/OIF veteran who just got an increase from 50% ptsd, anxiety and major depressive disorder to 70%. I work at the VA as a clerk. I was working in a surgery clinic then they changed my post and put me in the outpatient mental health clinic (also the ptsd clinic). I explained to my supervisor if I should be working there since I had ptsd. He stated "why not" and i worked there for a year being crused at, verbally abused and harrassed by patients everyday. I told my chief that my condition is worse due to my job, she did not move me and I stayed there. After many incidents they decided to move me. I took one month off after having a breakdown and going to the ER. When I returned they placed me in a different clinic (HIV

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Sorry that the VA is not helping you more and it is also sad that patients would curse you or be mad at you. I always try to be polite to staff and have found that being nice helps me as well as the people I deal with at VA.

Please write more but I really do not have much to offer except that if you are in Union you should tell your Rep what is going on.

If you have any more problems I suggest you write a Request for Accommodation and send it to the VAMC Director.

Keep copy and send it with proof of mailing.

The VA will probably not act on it and if they dont-you would have basis for EEOC complaint.

Then again they might well make sure they do something to help you.

As a federal contractor the VA comes under laws to accommodate veterans with disabilities who are also employees.

My husband made VA employee accommodation request and his VA shrink supported it.However the VA did nothing at all to accommodate his disability of PTSD.(30%)

He used that fact and filed EEOC complaint against them.

During this same time frame his college (he was Voc rehab too) did all they could to honor his need for accomodations.

All of above became evidence for his 100% PTSD award.By getting your situation well documented it will support an eventual TDIU award if you can no longer work due to SC.

Have you formally applied for another VA position?

Do you have copies of all of your personnel records to include performance appraisals?