VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

They Now Want 2Nd C&p

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

My case was put into CVET fast track status by my rep on Monday due to a 4 month delay in processing which my rep said the regional office admitted was their error. I just got a call saying they wanted a 2nd C&P, the first was in February and resulted in a quick denial. I got a very good IMO by a former VA examiner and have additional proof of current disability from a state agency (the second state agency to recognize it).

I know I have to agree to this or the case will be dismissed, but I am wary of another exam since the first was in my opinion very unprofessional and not thorough. I would like to just go in and emphasize the two findings of current disability and the IMO report stating they believe it is service connected/aggravated. And of course cooperate with the examiner. This does however seem unnecessary since I thought the IMO was supposed to be the counterweight to the first exam, I do not understand the need for a 2nd C&P.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

The VA seems to love making you drive back and forth for C&P's. I've had to go to one for PTSD, and then 3-4 months later go back out for one. Even the examiner seemed surprised they ordered me for another one. As for them being unprofessional, that's nothing new. C&P examiners can be total jerks sometimes, and sometimes they can be the best people for your claim. It all is a gamble, hopefully you get the good one. I've had both, one that told me my job in Iraq, (Convoy Security and Route Security) "didn't seem to be that stressful" I just about snapped and walked out. You should get some good replies on here, I wish you the best of luck!

Slang,

You know from military days there's some things you just have to do; please don't fight it.

Bring copies of that additional evidence with you to give to C&P doc- they've never had the evidence I submitted.

Try to keep a positive attitude- it sounds like you've got some good material and just have to comply with their requirements. :smile:

Update

I went to the exam Saturday Jan 8. The examiner said he was convinced, I had enough evidence, he would act as my advocate and concur with the IMO. I am wondering now if I didn't do enough to accurately make the case for my current condition, though I did say the VA hospital psyches here wanted to send me to the White City facility because they were concerned about me being a suicide risk and that I am on VA prescribed Ativan for anxiety and depression. I called this morning, Monday, and learned the report has already been filed. Just concerned about the GAF score which is apparently how the rating is determined.

Update

I went to the exam Saturday Jan 8. The examiner said he was convinced, I had enough evidence, he would act as my advocate and concur with the IMO. I am wondering now if I didn't do enough to accurately make the case for my current condition, though I did say the VA hospital psyches here wanted to send me to the White City facility because they were concerned about me being a suicide risk and that I am on VA prescribed Ativan for anxiety and depression. I called this morning, Monday, and learned the report has already been filed. Just concerned about the GAF score which is apparently how the rating is determined.

slang,

Sometimes examiner's lie - because you are face to face with them.

Sometimes they are truthful to the claimant.

If your C&P was done at a VAMC, you can go to ROI there and get a copy.

The GAF score is only one factor of many, that is used to determine a percentage.

You can use GAF in the search feature here to find out more.

It is explained in the following topic link.