VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Questions

Rate this topic

I am 100% Service connected permanent and total for rating. I am not sure what my SMC is, but will find out. I was recently qualified for Specially Adaptive Housing. "Due to Osteoarthrities of the low back with L4-5 stenosis, loss of use, right lower extremity, radiculopathy of the left leg and foot, left knee strain, right knee stran, radiculopathy of the right leg, right hip strain, and left hip strain".

My loss of use is my right foot drop.

Is there a chart that describes the various rating of SMC. I think I only receive $150 or so for SMC, should I file an appeal or request for review at a higher rating of SMC?

Thanks,

Greg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a chart that describes the various rating of SMC. I think I only receive $150 or so for SMC, should I file an appeal or request for review at a higher rating of SMC?

Thanks,

Greg

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2009/julqtr/38cfr3.350.htm

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2009/julqtr/38cfr3.351.htm

• 1 month later...

I am 100% Service connected permanent and total for rating. I am not sure what my SMC is, but will find out. I was recently qualified for Specially Adaptive Housing. "Due to Osteoarthrities of the low back with L4-5 stenosis, loss of use, right lower extremity, radiculopathy of the left leg and foot, left knee strain, right knee stran, radiculopathy of the right leg, right hip strain, and left hip strain".

My loss of use is my right foot drop.

Thanks,

Greg

Based on what you have stated you are entitled to smc K only for loss of use due to drop foot. In order to be awarded smc S ( housebound) you must have a 100% rating or TDIu based on one 60% disability, and an additonal and seperate 60% rating. Or you must have a 100% rating and prove that you are actually housebound. For A&A SMC L you would need at least one 100% rating and show the need for aid from another person.

If you could give a breakdown of your actual ratings , it would be helpful to determine if you are entitled to anything other than a K award.

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you need assistance in the activities of daily living? Can you feed yourself and bath yourself and shop and prepare food?