VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Claim Taking A Long Time

Rate this question

ranger43

Question

I was denied in 2004 for IHD associated with AO. I filed Nehmer claim 11/2009. I am in Tennessee. I found out it was sent to North Carolina to the Nehmer group. I have been in contact with them by phone several times over the last couple of months and have done IRIS inquiries. All I am told by both is "it is pending"....well I already knew that. I called the DAV that represents me and all they say is "it should have been given to a VSR but looks like it is stalled" They did tell me they have everything they need. I have a copy of my C&P which states IHD as does my personal cardiologist. This should be open and shut. I see people that just filed a few months ago already having their claim settled. I can't get a good answer or find anyone that acts like they care. I know they are busy but come on..... Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"Since the term refers only to heart disease, it

does not include hypertension or peripheral manifestations of

arteriosclerosis such as peripheral vascular disease or stroke."

These could potentially be SCed as secondary-with strong medical evidence.

"Seems to me if you are geeting SCd for HTN due to developing high blood pressue in service...you could still get IHD compensation for CHF, heart attack, low LVF, CAD"

If you have a strong medical opinion that connects the inservice HBP (HTN) to the other disabilities.

VA considers HTN often to be "essential" meaning they dont know the actual cause.

My plumber is trying to connect HTN readings in service 40 years ago to a heart condition he has now.He needs an Independent medical opinion-but instead is trying to depend on VA to connect the dots but they wont.