VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My C & P From The End Of Oct

Rate this question

Geo4K

Question

It's been a while since I logged on here. I had a C & P on 30 Oct - a Saturday at 9:00. This was the 3rd change made to my exam, first they changed the doc, then the day, then back to the original doc, but on a Saturday at 9:00!!! I get there and the revolving door is not working, so I go in a side door. The joint is mostly dark too. The elevator took me up the 3 rd floor.... lots of dark lights. OK, this is the day before halloween, I was sort of laughing to myself at the irony. Turn out they had a power failure and were running on backup power/lights.

My doc brings me into the exam room and we sit near the window. Instead of computer prompts, she read off of several sheets of paper. I was in there for headaches, dizziness and radiated pain through my left shoulder. My private doc wrote a pretty good nexus letter about all this and the SC DDD of my C-Spine. I brought a pain log that she very briefly looked at. She asked a few questions, poked my toes, quick ROM of the neck and I was out of there in 35 minutes. It felt all too brief. I tried to express myself as well as I could, as she didn't really seem to cover (I felt) my three claims for the exam. She then asked, "anything else?" Me: I guess not.....

She told me that she would type up everything the following Monday. I went to my VSO and had her add the pain log to my claim, so that the reviewer would be able to see it during their decision process. Once again, I am sooooo wrapped up in this, feeling that I did not get a good exam or a fair shake, it's been weeks since I could come here and post/vent about the whole process....

Well, when I was at the VSO, my rep said that my claim was "In Decision" and maybe results by the end of the year. So, I am of course very anxious right now.

Sorry for the rant, had to say it all to feel a bit better. I'll chime back in after the big envelope hits. I'm all set for bad news, so I've nothing to lose.

Best wish to all and Merry Christmas.

George

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A lot of vets have been having positive results lets hope you will have good results too! Have a good Christmas, and one where you will have a nice Granting.

Is there a "timeline chart " someplace here on this website>>>> that estimates how how long it takes to get Rating results? of course each case it unique, but I am non military and this system is still new to this. Filing for hubby. I know to get to the first C &P exam can be anybodys guess but, I am under the impression that once C&P exam is done.....its just a quick process of paperwork and signatures as once the doctor does exam..it goes to rating officer..and "well-la"..the new rating is established, and Veteran is notified of results, all within a few weeks...let me know please...thank you

A lot of vets have been having positive results lets hope you will have good results too! Have a good Christmas, and one where you will have a nice Granting.

"Positive results" so gooood to hear!!! does that include california veta also ? :) so many vets have had long hard journey I see, as I get more familiar with this website...as I am still somewhat new here...hubby disabled and I am going thru the claim process wit/for him..."positive results" so good to hear.....can u share some of the good results with us?

There's nothing quick about getting a rating...usually. Sometimes things can go just right and things fall into the right places so it goes quickly, but on average it usually takes at least a month I believe. There's no real timeline, although the 800 number will try to re-assure you that it'll go quickly. My TDIU claim has been in the works for almost 6 months now, and I'm still waiting. Don't let it get you down though, as this is the longest I've had to wait for a rating. They have told me in the past that it's usually about 3 weeks for the determination phase to decide if it's ready to go to the rating board, and then it's another 3-4 weeks for a decision. They try to get all claims done within a 6 month window, but that's not happening for me at least. I hope this helps a little bit, although as I said before, take everything they say to you about timelines with a grain of salt, usually it seems like they're just trying to get you off the phone without yelling at them. Take care and best of luck!

Is there a "timeline chart " someplace here on this website>>>> that estimates how how long it takes to get Rating results? of course each case it unique, but I am non military and this system is still new to this. Filing for hubby. I know to get to the first C &P exam can be anybodys guess but, I am under the impression that once C&P exam is done.....its just a quick process of paperwork and signatures as once the doctor does exam..it goes to rating officer..and "well-la"..the new rating is established, and Veteran is notified of results, all within a few weeks...let me know please...thank you

• HadIt.com Elder

There really is no time line. Some get fast decisions and some it takes years. I don't know why and I don't think anyone else knows either.