VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My C & P From The End Of Oct

Rate this question

Geo4K

Question

It's been a while since I logged on here. I had a C & P on 30 Oct - a Saturday at 9:00. This was the 3rd change made to my exam, first they changed the doc, then the day, then back to the original doc, but on a Saturday at 9:00!!! I get there and the revolving door is not working, so I go in a side door. The joint is mostly dark too. The elevator took me up the 3 rd floor.... lots of dark lights. OK, this is the day before halloween, I was sort of laughing to myself at the irony. Turn out they had a power failure and were running on backup power/lights.

My doc brings me into the exam room and we sit near the window. Instead of computer prompts, she read off of several sheets of paper. I was in there for headaches, dizziness and radiated pain through my left shoulder. My private doc wrote a pretty good nexus letter about all this and the SC DDD of my C-Spine. I brought a pain log that she very briefly looked at. She asked a few questions, poked my toes, quick ROM of the neck and I was out of there in 35 minutes. It felt all too brief. I tried to express myself as well as I could, as she didn't really seem to cover (I felt) my three claims for the exam. She then asked, "anything else?" Me: I guess not.....

She told me that she would type up everything the following Monday. I went to my VSO and had her add the pain log to my claim, so that the reviewer would be able to see it during their decision process. Once again, I am sooooo wrapped up in this, feeling that I did not get a good exam or a fair shake, it's been weeks since I could come here and post/vent about the whole process....

Well, when I was at the VSO, my rep said that my claim was "In Decision" and maybe results by the end of the year. So, I am of course very anxious right now.

Sorry for the rant, had to say it all to feel a bit better. I'll chime back in after the big envelope hits. I'm all set for bad news, so I've nothing to lose.

Best wish to all and Merry Christmas.

George

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It's all guess work after the C&P's are all completed. We are in the "Holiday Season" and the end of the year. Many of the folks that work at the VA take their vacations at this time of the year and others have to take time off or loose their vacation time (Use it or LOOSE it).

I had a C&P on 11/16 and they got the results on 11/18, 2 days later. I even have a copy of it. It's a very clear and simple C&P where the examiner provided the nexus herself in writing.. Yet, 6 weeks later I am still in "Development". My RO is Atlanta. I can't even get a reply to an IRIS

So, what others have said here is true. There are far too many variables this time of year to make even an educated guess. Just hang in there and try to enjoy your family and friends during the holiday.

It is very hard to attempt to determine a time frame.

About 4 weeks after I filed my 1151 claim,a very good friend of mine came over and was recovering from VA surgery.

Something he said made me sit at the PC and immediately write him a claim under 1151.

All I stated was "This is a claim under auspices of 38 USC,1151 and my recent medical records will reveal the VA itself has caused me to have additional disability."

He didn't understand this claim at all but I asked him to trust me, sign it,put his C file number on it and mail it.

Four months later he came over with a VA letter he didn't understand.

They had awarded 100% P & T under 1151.

We ran into each a lot over the years and he was often filled with dismay to see how they fought my 1151 claim but never fought his at all and I had sent evidence with mine when I filed it and continued to support it for 3 years until they awarded it.

There is no real rationale sometimes at the VARO.

Then again maybe it was the Billboard.

Thanks, all for the nice thoughts. Although I read a greta deal of success stories here, I also see so many cases go the other way... sometimes it's too easy to get down. If things don't go my way, I'll just continue the pressure until they see the light.

George

Just a thought. You should go back to the VA Medical Center and go to Release of Information. Get a copy of your C & P exam. That should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect in the decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

It's been a while since I logged on here. I had a C & P on 30 Oct - a Saturday at 9:00. This was the 3rd change made to my exam, first they changed the doc, then the day, then back to the original doc, but on a Saturday at 9:00!!! I get there and the revolving door is not working, so I go in a side door. The joint is mostly dark too. The elevator took me up the 3 rd floor.... lots of dark lights. OK, this is the day before halloween, I was sort of laughing to myself at the irony. Turn out they had a power failure and were running on backup power/lights.

My doc brings me into the exam room and we sit near the window. Instead of computer prompts, she read off of several sheets of paper. I was in there for headaches, dizziness and radiated pain through my left shoulder. My private doc wrote a pretty good nexus letter about all this and the SC DDD of my C-Spine. I brought a pain log that she very briefly looked at. She asked a few questions, poked my toes, quick ROM of the neck and I was out of there in 35 minutes. It felt all too brief. I tried to express myself as well as I could, as she didn't really seem to cover (I felt) my three claims for the exam. She then asked, "anything else?" Me: I guess not.....

She told me that she would type up everything the following Monday. I went to my VSO and had her add the pain log to my claim, so that the reviewer would be able to see it during their decision process. Once again, I am sooooo wrapped up in this, feeling that I did not get a good exam or a fair shake, it's been weeks since I could come here and post/vent about the whole process....

Well, when I was at the VSO, my rep said that my claim was "In Decision" and maybe results by the end of the year. So, I am of course very anxious right now.

Sorry for the rant, had to say it all to feel a bit better. I'll chime back in after the big envelope hits. I'm all set for bad news, so I've nothing to lose.

Best wish to all and Merry Christmas.

George

Greetings,'Geo4K'. It's good to hear from you.

I can relate to your C&P exam from hell story. My C&P exam was held on a "Black Friday" (the day after Thanksgiving), about three years ago. The PHD examiner had just got her PHD graduate degree, and being the low man on the totem pole, she had to work on that Friday. Well, it certainly showed!!!, LOL... What an attitude she had.

These types of C&P exam topics are the kind of threads that I would like to stay informed of, and follow.

Good luck, and best wishes,'Geo4K'.

Comdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob