VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer No Pending Claim

Rate this question

RDT

Question

I received an IRIS respond that stated "No indication of pending claim being a Nehmer case,Veteran is already rated for heart condition.

I am rated at 10% for hypertention tied to PTSD and 10% for coronary artery disease tied to PTSD.

I filed a seperate claim in 2000 for service conection of CAD tied to Agent Orange, I believe this is a seperate case of Nehmer & IHD tied to agent orange.

Was filed again in 2006 2008

Can anyone guide me on what to do to move forward,

Thanks

RDT

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I received an IRIS respond that stated "No indication of pending claim being a Nehmer case,Veteran is already rated for heart condition.

I am rated at 10% for hypertention tied to PTSD and 10% for coronary artery disease tied to PTSD.

I filed a seperate claim in 2000 for service conection of CAD tied to Agent Orange, I believe this is a seperate case of Nehmer & IHD tied to agent orange.

Was filed again in 2006 2008

Can anyone guide me on what to do to move forward,

Thanks

RDT

When were you granted SC for CAD secondary to PTSD?

Did you get a denial letter for your 2000 claim for CAD?

The info you provided so far is a bit sketchy. I don't want to assume anything but if your claim for CAD due to AO in 2000 is the same granting SC secondary to PTSD it would make Nehmer somewhat moot.

If you were granted Service Connection in 2000 for cad then it would be a moot point because you can only be granted once for each body condition.

i was granted in 2005 CAD secondary to Diabetes 2 at 60% so I can not claim IHD. But hey I was getting my compensation before a lot of other vets.

Let us know what it is you are trying to accomplish and we can try and help.

I replied in a different topic you posted in but here it is basically-

you were not denied for AO IHD in the past so Nehmer does not kick in.

I suggested you definitely ask for higher rating for the heart disease-and if you are not working apply for SSA and TDIU!

"10% for coronary artery disease tied to PTSD" - congrats there -those awards are often hard to get.

Do you have copies of all medical records? The 10% seems way too low.

I never received a notice back on my claim in 2000 only a request to release information form that was dated stamped showing a claim for CAD and heart. My wife sent a letter the following year wanting to know the situation of the claim. She still did not receive an answer.

I was able to get my records from the VA, but they are not complete and even had some records of another veteran in my file.

I was being treated by the VA for my IHD & CAD from 2000 thru current.

They granted me 10% in October 2009 that states: Coronary artery disease,status post coronary artery bypass graft associated with posttraumatic stress disorder now claimed as depression and sleep disorder.

We filed a seperate claim for IHD and Agent Orange in 2009 tied to Nehmer, which the IRIS report said is not valid,due that I am already compensated 10% for Heart.

This 10% is not tied to Agent Orange and not addressing the claim filed in 2000.

Am I wrong in saying these are two seperate heart claims at two different time frames?

When were you granted SC for CAD secondary to PTSD?

Did you get a denial letter for your 2000 claim for CAD?

The info you provided so far is a bit sketchy. I don't want to assume anything but if your claim for CAD due to AO in 2000 is the same granting SC secondary to PTSD it would make Nehmer somewhat moot.

Merry Christmas Berta,

Thanks for the responds.

If I had a claim in 2000 for CAD and the claim was never adressed, is that a valid claim? I have a copy of the request to release information showing heart and CAD on the form and it has a VA date stamp on it.

My wife was so bust with getting the VA to treat me for the heart and the claim was just left open.She has a letter from the VA admiting me to the VA health system and a letter she sent the following year asking about VA compensation for the heart claim.

Thanks

RDT

I replied in a different topic you posted in but here it is basically-

you were not denied for AO IHD in the past so Nehmer does not kick in.

I suggested you definitely ask for higher rating for the heart disease-and if you are not working apply for SSA and TDIU!

"10% for coronary artery disease tied to PTSD" - congrats there -those awards are often hard to get.

Do you have copies of all medical records? The 10% seems way too low.

Hi,

I never received a rating in 2000 for CAD. That claim was never addressed and left open.

I only received the 10% compensation tied to my heart from PTSD in 2009 . No awards today that deal with IHD and Agent Orange.

Thanks

RDT

If you were granted Service Connection in 2000 for cad then it would be a moot point because you can only be granted once for each body condition.

i was granted in 2005 CAD secondary to Diabetes 2 at 60% so I can not claim IHD. But hey I was getting my compensation before a lot of other vets.

Let us know what it is you are trying to accomplish and we can try and help.