VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I was contacted by V.A. yesterday and they told me my claim was sent over to the Rating Board on 21 Dec 2010. This is my initial claim since retireing on 310 Oct 2010, I claimed 33 ailments. My question is what is the normal time length that my claim will stay at the rating board (how soon will I get an answer)?

Vet 2010

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest terrysturgis

Nothing can happen till your claims get to the rating board. Now that you are there I'm thinking you should be starting on the down hill side of the mountain. Good luck. Terry

I was contacted by V.A. yesterday and they told me my claim was sent over to the Rating Board on 21 Dec 2010. This is my initial claim since retireing on 310 Oct 2010, I claimed 33 ailments. My question is what is the normal time length that my claim will stay at the rating board (how soon will I get an answer)?

Vet 2010

Non complicated claims on the average 16-27 days. My claim went to the rater on Dec 1st got a decision on Dec 20th. They have to rate on 33 for you. Only 3 on mine. The 800# will tell you 16-27 days. They were right on with mine. Good Luck

BUT then it has to go to the authorization section so they can cross all the t's and dot all the I's and sign off on it. That could take on a national average 10-40 days!! After being notified by my VSO that my claim was approved 100% P&T on Dec 20th, I have NOT gotten any letter or $$ as of yet. My claim is at the authorization stage. Still waiting!

Edited by Chu Lai69