VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connected Left Knee

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

Ok I received my temporary 100% for my left knee. due to surgery again. I was denied my increase for my left knee due to the fact that the VA states you can not get both. yes they said BOTH. I subbmitted two seperate claims one for the left knee for an increase, and one for the temporary 100% So my claim has been sitting out there for at least 9 months until I received my letter. Well some how the VA mirriored both as one claim which canceled the other one out. here's the kicker the letter states that I did receive and granted 10% increase for my left knee but it was taken back because the VA states that you can not have a percentage for disibility that is over 100%. Go figure. so now I have to eaither appeal it or request a whole new service connected increase again for the left knee. This is my second surgery and I now were a metal brace for my left knee issued by the VA which somehow the VA left that out of the letter.

Well I was told I could file a secondary for scars and Arthritis due to my knee surgerys.

I have another question for anyone out there I have had left foot problems ever since my knee surgery. Been seeing the foot doctor at the VA for this condition, so my question is can I or what claim can I submitt to mirrior with my service connected left knee?

any help would be great or if anyone knows how to write a statement to apply for these issues would be helpfull.

Have a safe Holiday...Cheers

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Yes, they absorbed the 10%-into the 100%-

If You can fit into any SMC criteria (Special Mo9nthkly Compensation) ,then you would receive additional compensation.

SMC is explained in our SMC forum here.

"I was told I could file a secondary for scars and Arthritis due to my knee surgerys." Yes, but the arthritis will take a medical opinions.

. "Been seeing the foot doctor at the VA for this condition, so my question is can I or what claim can I submitt to mirrior with my service connected left knee?" This also could be claimed as secondary. If you have problems with your right leg,knee or foot due to the left leg disability (often possible)that too, with medical evidence of the link- could be claimed as secondary.

But for any additional compensation you would need to fit into a SMC criteria by medical evidence This would be either the SMC K award or SMC S award--- possibly.

"metal brace for my left knee issued by the VA"

If this brace in anyway damages your clothing causing wear and tear -you could apply for the annual clothing allowance.