VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Cp Exam Results

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I got both my results back today for my physical and PTSD. I'm really confused about the GAF score that she gave me. I was rated at 55 with a 30 percent, now she rated me at 50 GAF. My question is is this all the VA goes by, or do they read her entire report? According to the report I should not be allowed to go the the bathroom by my self. She clearly stated there is a connection between my PTSD and my eating disorder. She also stated that I suffered from severe depression and oppressive compulsive disorder. That I would not be able to function in a work enviroment. My thought is that they will look at only the GAF score and rate me accordingly, would I be clorrect to assume this?

Papa

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I got both my results back today for my physical and PTSD. I'm really confused about the GAF score that she gave me. I was rated at 55 with a 30 percent, now she rated me at 50 GAF. My question is is this all the VA goes by, or do they read her entire report? According to the report I should not be allowed to go the the bathroom by my self. She clearly stated there is a connection between my PTSD and my eating disorder. She also stated that I suffered from severe depression and oppressive compulsive disorder. That I would not be able to function in a work enviroment. My thought is that they will look at only the GAF score and rate me accordingly, would I be clorrect to assume this?

Papa

Papa,

The GAF score is only one factor considered when adjudicating a percentage for a mental health disability.

Can you post exactly what, "She clearly stated there is a connection between my PTSD and my eating disorder." ?

I too recently recieved a copy of what my c&p examiner stated in the exam for increase in sc rating and possible unemployability...last line of examiners report states this exactly..."Veterans current lifestyle and intensity of symptoms make him unemployable in his career field" with A GAF of 50. not too sure if that means me and my rep got our goal of 100 percent or what...opinions welcome.....Papa, the VRO is going to look at your whole claim file, history, everything when making their determinations. Nothing is based solely on your GAF score, since your GAF is based on the opinion of the doc you are seeing...one will give you a 50, a week later another one will give you a 40.

Carlie,

"The other diagnosis for Axis I is Eating Disorder NOS. The multiple Axis I diagnosis diagnoses are related and the secondary diagnosis does represent a progression of the primary diagnosis because claimant would eat as a means of calming his anxiety throughout the years leading to morbid obesity The symptoms of each mental disorder cannot be delineated from each other. The eating disorder is intertwined with the symptoms of the PTSD and can not be clearly delineated."

Axis II: Diagnosis Deferred on Axis II.

Axis III: Deferred to medical evaluation.

Axis IV: Severe chronic health conditions, exposure to extreme traumatic experiences in the service, inability to continue work.

Axis V: The GAF score is 50.

Papa

Papa,

The GAF score is only one factor considered when adjudicating a percentage for a mental health disability.

Can you post exactly what, "She clearly stated there is a connection between my PTSD and my eating disorder." ?

Carlie,

"The other diagnosis for Axis I is Eating Disorder NOS.

The multiple Axis I diagnosis diagnoses are related and the secondary diagnosis does represent a progression of the primary diagnosis because claimant would eat as a means of calming his anxiety throughout the years leading to morbid obesity The symptoms of each mental disorder cannot be delineated from each other. The eating disorder is intertwined with the symptoms of the PTSD and can not be clearly delineated."

Papa

Papa,

WOW, it looks good to me. I am very surprised she actually put this in writing

and at a C&P examination no less.

I hope some other's chime in on this.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ripper

"Unemployable in his career field" does not equal TDIU. You must be totally disabled from substantial work in all fields due solely to SC conditions. This to me is a mistake on the doctor's part in not being clear about defining TDIU. The doctor probably means you are unemployable, but that is not what it says. The VARO quibbles.