VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

Ripper1269

Question

I am currently rated at 50 percent for PTSD and under the advisement of my doctor and my county rep went for 100 percent based on unemployability...Must say I am impressed with how little time it took from claim entry to c and p exam. (less than 6 months, first time I applied waited nearly 3 years.) had the c&p on 12-15-10 and had a doc appointment today, asked for copy of what c&p examiner put in my record...The last line he writes is what my question is about. He writes "Veteran's current lifestyle and intensity of symptoms make him unemployable in his career field...Anyon have a clue as to wether or not it would be safe to say that our goal was reached?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

That is an odd statement as to unemployability in your career field.It suggests you could could work in a different career field.

What did the doctor mean by your "lifestyle"?

He writes "Veteran's current lifestyle and intensity of symptoms make him unemployable in his career field...

Anyon have a clue as to wether or not it would be safe to say that our goal was reached?

Ripper,

Welcome to Hadit.

Doesn't look like it to me - hopefully I am wrong.

• HadIt.com Elder

Nope. Not specific enough. Get the Dr. that did the advising to make a statement that you are "unemployable due to your (service-connected condition)", period. It would be icing-on-the-cake if they would also state that there is no chance of improvement in your condition.

I agree with LarryJ, the examiner must specify unemployable due to PTSD specifically and little if any chance for improvement. The key is getting the examining Dr. to rewrite the his recommendation, continuing therapy, see if your Dr. @ your VAMC will put in your records and give you a letter to send to the VARO stating you are unemployable due to PTSD and there is nothing to indicate you will improve. Develop and keep a good relationship with your VA "shrink" and you will reap the "benefits"!

im not sure what he means by lifestyle.. perhaps that I am reclusive, and anti-social. A letter was submitted by my VA shrink prior to the c&p that did say unemployable, so she sees that as a major issue.. I goess its inthe hands of the regional office til they decide...based on existing records of me having panic attacks during an interview. Not sure what other info i can give other than a redacted copy of my c&p examiners report. which i will do if asked....i will just redact my name and social, and any other names that may be mentioned.

im not sure what he means by lifestyle.. perhaps that I am reclusive, and anti-social. A letter was submitted by my VA shrink prior to the c&p that did say unemployable, so she sees that as a major issue.. I goess its inthe hands of the regional office til they decide...based on existing records of me having panic attacks during an interview. Not sure what other info i can give other than a redacted copy of my c&p examiners report. which i will do if asked....i will just redact my name and social, and any other names that may be mentioned.

i have redacted copy of report scanned and ready to share with elders and mods