VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Results From 6/30/2010

Rate this question

drgonzo

Question

hello all im back after monthse of celebrating my somewat recent claim for ptsd and tinnitis. i was an infantryman with 1st batttalion 26th infantry 1id. i served in iraq feb 04 to feb 05, and was general under honorable discharged for repeted marijuana use. i stupidly told out ltc that i wanted out. i will regret it for the rest of my life, anyways..... it stated right when i got back to germany, drinking all night, fighting trashing my barricks room when i got angry making mountains out of molehills..... when i got home, a friend of mine and already gone threw his cnp exam and was rated at %60. he would always tell me to go and just try to get some help from the va and possibly file a claim. i stared going in 2006 when i hurt my shoulder fighting. they recomended me to see some ppl for ptsd, but the va in san diego california never followed up with me and i just blew it off. cut to thew fall of 2009, my same friend kept pushing me to just file a claim, and id at least get the %10. so i stsred going to the vamc here in honolulu hawaii where i currently live for all the treatment i could get, thinking it would look good for my claim i found out i might have a mild tbi, but they were real shady with a dx, aslo seveir insomnia, high blood pressure(im 26!!) also possibly ptsd but they werent shure......i saw a series of speclialsts who refered me to a certin dr form alaska. she inturn told me i was "suffering" but said i was "fine" didnt really say anything about a dx. so i thought i was screwed my this lady. i didnt get any gaf or axis scores or anything all of u guys talk about....i finaley compleat my cnp ppr work and send it off. i got a series of were working on it letters. i got a couple calls from the va cnp people about some names they needed, and i gave it to them. i had my first exam for hearing loss and tinnits witch the contracted civilan audioligist said i definatly had tinnitis. then in the end of april i had my exam for ptsd. i went to the stop for the va shuttle and waited for an hour and a half for a shuttle that didnt come. i was livid at this point. i had to call them at the last minute to cancel and resecudal. the man on the other line sounded annoyed, so i let it all out on him verbaly. my next appt was 09may09. i had to ride my bike up to the va with was about 5 miles, i didnt have any clean clothes and worked, then drank heAVLY the night before. so im shure i looked like dodo when i came into the office unshaven with my sholder length hair all sweaty from the hot ass tropical sun. the guy asked me a series of questions. i asked him if he had ever seen combat or was int he military, he wasent, so was an xxxxxxx and looked at him like i wanted to kill him the whole time. he asked if i got into trouble as a kid and about my childhood wat my everyday life is like and how ptsd affects me on a daily basis. no computer tests, or stupid axis scores or gaf scores i hear ppl talk about, igt only took 20min!!!! he said i should try to get some help form the psyc dpt and just had a genrealy worried look on his face. i had a good feeling about this, witch i never ever had before with the va. cut to 27may09 i get my brown envlope, rele thick. i open it and to my amazement it said i was granted overall %70!!!!!!!!!!!! i was so stoked! i got a nice lil 7000 check for bACk payments... i go to the va a lot more now for minor stuff like neck pain. but i refuse to take a drug test for ptsd help. i am a medical marijuana pacient, and dont take any meds the va issued me, cuz they make me more sick, and have interactions with alcohol.

all u guys with actual combat experance should fight hard for the highest rateing possible before our govt gives it all away to everyone else on welfare and "aid" to other countries

aloha nui dan

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question