VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Va Appt

Rate this topic

I had another C&P exam last July in an attempt to get an increase. Well it didn't work and my rating was continued. So I am thinking I should start getting treatment from the VA to establish a record with them and try again in a year. I have been using Tricare and have been treated for my back (DDD) by a civilian Physical Rehabilitation / Pain Management doctor which basically has consisted of epideral injections and Norco. My civilian PCP is now managing my Norco. I have my first VA appointment next month and was wondering what I am in for and am asking for any advice from anyone on this forum. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no advice on how to proceed, but getting treated at the VA makes it difficult for them to ignore the records.

Welcome to HadIt.

I had another C&P exam last July in an attempt to get an increase. Well it didn't work and my rating was continued. So I am thinking I should start getting treatment from the VA to establish a record with them and try again in a year. I have been using Tricare and have been treated for my back (DDD) by a civilian Physical Rehabilitation / Pain Management doctor which basically has consisted of epideral injections and Norco. My civilian PCP is now managing my Norco. I have my first VA appointment next month and was wondering what I am in for and am asking for any advice from anyone on this forum. Thanks in advance.

HJ,

What are you currently SC'd for and at what percentage for each,

if it is more than one disability ?

In your request for increase, what exactly is stated in the Reasons and Bases Section ?

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have chronic pain I would wrangle an appointment with a psychiatrist and the VA pain clinic. You have a back problem and you have pain and possible depression due to disability. You wanted to get rated fully for both. You need to let them know how bad your pain is and keep repeating it.

HJ,

What are you currently SC'd for and at what percentage for each,

if it is more than one disability ?

In your request for increase, what exactly is stated in the Reasons and Bases Section ?

I am SC'd for my back degenerative arthritus of the lumbar spine 20%, degenerative arthritus right knee 10%, ligament damage both ankles 0%. The civilian diagnosis of my back is degenerative disk disease with sciatica. My most recent MRI indicates stenosis. I was originally rated in 1996 and rated again for my back and knee in 2007 and then on my back in 2010.