VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Not Sure Where To Go From Here.

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

This information is online under my ebenifits IU Compensation claim.

**********from the site

As we consider your claim, you may submit evidence showing that your service-connected Post Traumati...c Stress Disorder [[has][have]] increased in severity.

1/5/2011 2/4/2011

To help us determine your entitlement to the housebound allowance, send us a statement signed by you...r physician covering the results of any recent medical treatment or examination. The statement should contain the date of examination, your complaints, clinical findings and diagnoses. If you have not recently been examined or treated, inform us and we will schedule a VA examination for you.

1/5/2011 2/4/2011

This is the info that showed up on ebenifits. I am not sure what to do. I also see this under the label of what they have done

QTC 1/5/20113/6/2011**********from the site

QTC 1/5/20113/6/2011QTC 1/5/2011 3/6/2011

Can you tell me what I need to do. Do I need to request some kind of exam from my doctor or what do I need to do. Should i just sent in a statement lettin gthem know that i have not had a seperate exam or recent exam but have been hospitalized for my ptsd during the last 90 days and am currently on the suiside watch list and have a inhome moniter that moniters my symtoms daily. I have also had to have my meds adjusted again.

Any Advise would be appreciated. I also dont see my iu app form listed though I know it was sent. I dont see that its there. Should I resend it.

Thnx so much in advance.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

By all means send them copies of any recent hospital or treatment records for your PTSD.

"To help us determine your entitlement to the housebound allowance, send us a statement signed by you...r physician covering the results of any recent medical treatment or examination. The statement should contain the date of examination, your complaints, clinical findings and diagnoses. If you have not recently been examined or treated, inform us and we will schedule a VA examination for you."

Have you formally applied for TDIU?

They need medical evidence of your housebound status that is solely due to SC.

I suggest you read over the housebound regulations to see how you evidence will fit into them and I suggest you send them any medical evidence that supports HB status or ask a doctor to state what they need.

You could use the 21-4138 form as a cover letter for these records.

I think they must be considering you for TDIU because they requested HB info.

yes I am being considered for tdiu they put it in and yes I send in the form though I dont see it listed in the evidence. Our physicians said they cannot write letter anymore. I can ask my primary care to write a letter. I am not sure what to ask her to put on it, thats my issue.

Can you give me more guidence. I can go get a copy of the records from oct til now but i just dont know what else i need to do.

thnx