VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need To Know If Claim Sc Disability From Forced Retirement

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Here goes was retired partially from a SC condition (migraines) that was secondary to my SC Hypertension. I did not get SC for the migraines until 6 years after I was medically retired from my Civilian Job. I had to fight with the VA that my Hypertension was the cause of my headaches while in service they were bad to where I sought treatment while in USMC and noted by Corpsman that the headaches were hypertension headaches. What happened to me in my civilian job is that I got hurt as a Deputy in a fight and was diagnosed with PTSD as a result of the trauma from being in that situation. It (PTSD) isn't service connected but hte resulting hypertension spikes cause my migraines according to my mental health provider at the VA clinic.

I did not want to retire but the migraines and my blood pressure got so bad I was missing work treated in ER for migraines and retired in 2001. I applied for initial hypertension from Service but did not know anything about how PTSD affected my SC Hypertension until recently. My current Mental health doc at the VA suggest that Medicine is not an answer as the combination of pain meds and the meds for PTSD leaves me unable to function. I am waiting on seeing a counselor to help me with the depression. I am housebound for weeks at a time and I am not able to get around without help

I am currently waiting on a claim For TDIU as my Back is also SC and have had 3 surgeries but now the last Neurosurgeon wrote that as result of my SC Injury to my back that my arthritis as well as the inability of me to seek gainful employment as a result of the fusions I had I am unemployable and not able to hold any job. After all of this what is anyone thoughts about me filing for IU based on the date I was retired for a SC condition (Hypertension) that is an aggravating factor to my migraines? I have all of the doctors notes as well as My civilian Physiologist that was treating me for PTSD. I was told that my claim was just decided on this past Saturday and I should be getting a statement of the case soon. My appeal for IU is supposed to be waiting on the current claim to be finished up as they used all of my records from the Sheriffs office and Social Security and police retirement as I Cued them when the VA tried to say where I got hurt as a sheriffs deputy was the reason my back was hurt. I had my SMR that showed my back was originally injured in service and the VA was trying to run everything together I won on appeal at the BVA and my claim was remanded back to the State.

I am sorry that this was so long but I did not want to put in so the VA will not be able to put off my current claims and appeal as they are so close to deciding my claims. I am 80% with a 60% 30% 10% 10% 10%. My current back fusion is only rated as 10% and my 60% rating is for my heart the VA is telling me know that my heart is fine but I just got another appointment with a civilian Cardiologist to double check. My back rating should keep the one ratting @ 60% if they succeed in reducing my current ratting. Again any ideas should I file for original retirement date as I was retired for aggravation of a SC condition and though I cannot diagnose myself others medical Professionals have. just wanted to know what you guys think? adios...

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet