VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Copy

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

Good Morning,

As I do on a weekly basis I call the #800 to see what stage my original claim is located, ie, Rating Board. They told me it arrived at the rating board on 21 Dec 2010 and on average it is 16-27 once the rater receives it. My question is, I have also been requesting a copy of my C&P exam results since August and each week I get a diffrent answer. This morning they told me it will be sent out AFTER the rater makes his/her decision, the reason being if they need evidence it is readily available, is this true? That sounds like a crock of crap however I don't know what to beleive. I retired in Oct 2010 and I have not signed up for VA health because I have yet to be rated, I live in the Columbus, GA area. This is my original claim...

V/r

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

As I do on a weekly basis I call the #800 to see what stage my original claim is located, ie, Rating Board. They told me it arrived at the rating board on 21 Dec 2010 and on average it is 16-27 once the rater receives it.

I suggest NOT calling the 800 number each week as there is no way to accurately check the status of claims.

Where ever it is, really tells you nothing and usually the answers are not correct. A claim can easily be with a

decision maker today and all that means is someone is deciding what needs to be done, development, additional

information needed, additional medical evidence like a C&P, veterans status, due process VCAA, etc...

My question is, I have also been requesting a copy of my C&P exam results since August and each week I get a diffrent answer. This morning they told me it will be sent out AFTER the rater makes his/her decision, the reason being if they need evidence it is readily available, is this true?

If your C&P was done by QTC (private contractor) VA usually won't provide a copy of the C&P results until after a decision has been made. If your C&P was done at your VAMC - you can go to ROI at the VAMC and get a copy.

That sounds like a crock of crap however I don't know what to beleive. I retired in Oct 2010 and I have not signed up for VA health because I have yet to be rated, I live in the Columbus, GA area. This is my original claim...

I don't know of anything that would prevent you from receiving VA health care, without being rated first,

except for not signing up/going there.

Being retired military are you eligible for ChampaVA ?

Not sure if this will help you or not to get a copy of your C&P, but my DAV Rep told me that if my exam was done under a contract with an outside agency (QTC), they have to submit a copy of the report with their bill and that he can log onto the Virtual VA system that they have access to and he can print a copy of the report from that.

Hope it helps!

Travis

Maybe if you call the VAMC where the C & P was done (they would transfer your call to the C & P section) you could get name of the doc or his/her phone number.

I did that and only got hold of the C & P doc's Sec but I did get copy of his exam right away.BVA had asked for a cardio doc for the C & P and I asked his sec what his qualifications were-she said he was a PA- BINGO! I knew I could walk all over his opinion if it was deficient-it was and I did.BVA threw his opinion out. It was too speculative in spite of probative medical evidence.

I feel the VA is totally violating our rights by the idea that a QTC exam can be withheld from the vet until a decision is reached.So much for Due Process there.

Like being a defendant in court and only the prosecutor has all the evidence and your lawyer gets it AFTER the sentence comes down-this practice is highly unfair.

If a denial occurs, then a SOC is prepared and even if the vet responds to the SOC with a rebuttal that challenges the C & P findings-some raters don't even read the SOC responses.

This is something that maybe vets will take time to bring to the attention of the HVAC members when they have claims process hearings in 2011. I sure will.

You should be able to ask the hospital itself for a copy of your exam, instead of waiting on the RO for it. And as for them needing the exam as evidence, that's not correct. Raters have access to the exams once they are released via computer interface with the VA Med. Ctr, so giving u a hardcopy of your exam is nothing more than printing it out & sending it to you. If you have a POA (like American legion of such), see if they can't have someone print out a quick copy of the exam and then the POA can send it to you.