VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

Rate this question

jhilly

Question

I submitted seven claims. I received a rating on two of the seven a year ago. I filed appeals for the five that were denied in Sept. '09. I was told a month ago that my appeal was with an appeals coach. I called yesterday to check on my appeal and I was told that it was at the decision board due to my claims being re-opened and that I should hear something in a couple of months.

Anyone know if this seems correct or been through this before?

James

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't take this the wrong way JHilly. The person you talked to has about 2 minutes to get you off the phone and on to the next Vet that calls.

Send an IRIS inquiry and you get the response in writing. We all know that written response is on paper. Phone calls are "he said - she said" unless it is recorded. Some folks are sincere but some are not. If you have a VSO ask them to find out where it is and don't let them give you any stories. Have them physically ask someone.

JBasser

thx and I will try that...I submitted an IRIS request about a month ago. I got a response that they will have the local office contact me. I haven't been contacted yet...but thx for the info, I will send my VSO an e-mail to see what he can do.

Don't take this the wrong way JHilly. The person you talked to has about 2 minutes to get you off the phone and on to the next Vet that calls.

Send an IRIS inquiry and you get the response in writing. We all know that written response is on paper. Phone calls are "he said - she said" unless it is recorded. Some folks are sincere but some are not. If you have a VSO ask them to find out where it is and don't let them give you any stories. Have them physically ask someone.

JBasser

I agree with this-I work in a call center and we have to get this done in about 3-4 minutes-everything is done by stats!

Then I/we should feel very blessed that when I called the Regional office after Gary's "new" rep told him that the claim should have come to her first, and that he did it all wrong THAT the RO would throw it in the trash, bla bla bla (After Gary's MANY attempts to contact her)

When he got home, he was so mad. I called the RO and a wonderful human being picked up the phone. I told her what happened and she was horrified! She confirmed with Gary that it was OK for me to talk for him. (Is that a symptom?? hmmmm, never thought of that?)

She had me fax his 21-4138 with my lenghly Support of claim that mention additional things there had NOT been a claim opened by his old rep. The reps claim did not include an evaluation for increase in PTSD however,RO sent him for psych eval for his C & P. As far as the other things I mentioned ie his hearing aids.....all that is already documented in his health file. I was LUCKY to get that woman on the phone. I think she heard the sincere tears in my voice......I have posted before that I am empathic with those I love so dearly.

Delta wife- I found another post you made here:

"Since that time he has received hearing aids and has had some terrible stressful situations occur. We knew NOTHING about Unemployability."

did he formally file a TDIU 21-8940 form?

No he didn't yet, because we didn't know about it. His C & P appointments were last week. Can we still fill one out and get it in? Thank you for telling me the form number!