VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attached C&p Ptsd Results

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I have attached my PTSD C&P results, would like some input on how you all think it looks. I had a friend at the VA tell me that he would have liked to see a lower GAF score, but told him that number can flucuate. The doctor also, connected my obsesity to my PTSD, which I thought was somewhat unususal. Any input would be appreciated.

Papa

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that was a good exam. If you are not SC'ed for PTSD now you soon will be. You did well to say your childhood and years before Vietnam were good and then after Vietnam you had the symptoms. If you mention anything about conflict in your youth they like to jump on that to show pre-existing basis for anxiety or personality disorder. I see the VA is using a very tough criteria for PTSD exams.

I agree with John that this should get you PTSD award.

The GAF is a little high but then again the examiner did say the MH issues forced you to leave your employment.

Do you get SSA disability? Forget if I asked that before and if so, it is for PTSD?

I feel you should apply for TDIU but maybe best to see what the VA decides here.

VA does have a criteria for Eating disorders. This could perhaps be a ratable secondary condition.I am not sure on that and will try to find more info.

On the other disabilities mentioned in the C & P-this does not seem to be an AO IHD claim yet it is possible the circulation problems are peripheral neutopathy but VA only SCs that if due to DMII.

Hyperlipedemia was mentioned. This is a non ratable symptom indicating your have fatty blood lipids.

This med word appeared in a very old SOC I got after my husband died.I didn't know what it meant and found out it was one of the symptoms he had of DMII that VA failed to treat.

It seems you have not received medical care for sometime? Maybe I got that wrong but I certainly hope that VA during a C & P exam will rule in or out DMII in your case.

If they do determine you have DMII then claim that as due to AO and any of the complications that maybe will be peripheral neuropathy based on what I see in the C & P report.

I am Not a doctor. I studied cardiology and diabetes extensively when I realized VA had malpracticed on my husband and their faiklure to diagnose and treat his DMII caused his death.

I am mentioning what I see in the C & P because if there are other potential SC disabilities here- then a C & P exam will reveal the proper diagnose and DMII is treatable.

Not only can PTSD cause self medication as an overeating problem but untreated DMII can too because it involves the pancreas.

This is a very extensive C & P exam.I think you will fall under the new PTSD regs with no problem.

If the VA in any way questions your stressors, can you prove them? You only need to prove one of them but I really don't think they will question your stressors at all.

I found this BVA case on eating disorders. The veteran claimed the Eating disorder as secondary to her PTSD.

The BVA denied but I have always learned more from BVA denied claims than BVA awarded claims:

“3. Although post-service assessments of an eating disorder

are reflected in the record, medical evidence does not

clearly establish that the Veteran actually meets the

criteria for a diagnosis of compulsive eating disorder.

4. Medical opinion evidence does not support a finding that

there exists a medical relationship between any current

eating disorder and either the Veteran's military service or

her service-connected PTSD.”

But you have the nexus per the C & P exam that is lacking in this veteran's case!

The eating disorder in your case can be requested as secondary to your PTSD.

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files2/1013659.txt

Do you have a vet rep?

Berta,

I have the DAV, but I never get any help from them. But, I do have a Lawyer that was recommended to me by a Veteran's advocate. I did apply for TDIU. I am SC'd for DMII due to AO. I was already rated 30% for PTSD, and all of a sudden the VA wanted to do a C&P exam. I figured to find a way to reduce it or take it away all together. I can not draw SSDI, as I worked for the Federal Government. Ironically under their handicap program.

Papa

I found this BVA case on eating disorders. The veteran claimed the Eating disorder as secondary to her PTSD.

The BVA denied but I have always learned more from BVA denied claims than BVA awarded claims:

"3. Although post-service assessments of an eating disorder

are reflected in the record, medical evidence does not

clearly establish that the Veteran actually meets the

criteria for a diagnosis of compulsive eating disorder.

4. Medical opinion evidence does not support a finding that

there exists a medical relationship between any current

eating disorder and either the Veteran's military service or

her service-connected PTSD."

But you have the nexus per the C & P exam that is lacking in this veteran's case!

The eating disorder in your case can be requested as secondary to your PTSD.

http://www4.va.gov/v...es2/1013659.txt

Do you have a vet rep?