VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabled Vet Benefits In Texas The Bes In The U.s?

Goodday Vets I am going to be moving to Texas because I have been informed that Texas has the best benefits for Disabled Vets and Vets! I was told I could use my VA loan and also use the VLB for a home loan or land loan also at the same time? Also the other State benefits seem to be better than any other State in the Country.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Some of Texas benefits are limited. You need to have entered or separated or have been living in Texas for a time. A VA Loan is sufficient to cover almost any Veteran in Texas a houses are relatively cheap when compared to rest of country.

Texas grants 100% total property tax exemption on their home. They also provide low cost loans for fixing up homes and other benefits. No cost hunting licenses and the voters and people in Texas have a genuine liking for Veterans.

Texas Veterans Benefits

Optumus,

Those are certainly factors to consider for your permanent residence, although you also wanna make sure you're Texas-compatible etc :wink:

This link is pretty good for comparing benefits by state: Military.com

I'm traveling full-time but keeping Oregon residency due to no state tax or sales tax and I have permanent veteran plates on my truck.

Research and choose as best you can. :smile:

Good luck!

kelly

I am, love the heat it will be actually healthier for me , the land is cheaper in Texas I will be building a GREEN monolithic dome home www.monolithic.com and I can use my VA home loan and the Texas LVB program after I am in Texas for a year , will use one program to purchase my land the other to build my home... looking forward to it...

Big State, where bouts where you looking? I live in San Antonio, and have property in Blanco (Hill Country). SA is military town USA and Veterans are really loved and appreciated here.

Papa

I am, love the heat it will be actually healthier for me , the land is cheaper in Texas I will be building a GREEN monolithic dome home www.monolithic.com and I can use my VA home loan and the Texas LVB program after I am in Texas for a year , will use one program to purchase my land the other to build my home... looking forward to it...

What prices are we looking at to build one of these? From the cabin style to one of 1000 to 2000 sq ft? I am sure with the financing the total cost from start to finish is including the property too? Looks like something that can eventually save money in the end but is the starting cost much greater than conventional housing?