VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Worksheet Index

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Hello my name is Brenda and I am new to this site, but very happy that I came across it. If this is the wrong place to post this please let me know and I will apologize in advance for rambling.

My unit started my MEB and let me know a week after it was initiated and they were contacted because the packet the unit sent up was missing 17 yrs of med documentation. I let them know I would search for what I had and let them know I was requesting my med records from a Air Force Base and it takes between 30 and 60 days for them to provide me a copy. They decided to proceed saying they felt they had enough information and C&P's are now made. Any suggestions? I am scrambling for 17 years of medical documentation because all they pulled up was their electronic system now instead of reviewing what was sent first. This is very frustrating and I now understand why we have so many homeless vets. Very saddened over this, I feel this is what the last 25 years of service has come down to, people passing the buck so the burden of proof falls back on us that are so tired of fighting already. Thanks for suggestions and advice.

The links no longer work and I can't seem to figure out where to go on the VA website, anybody have a link to where these have been moved to?

The links no longer work and I can't seem to figure out where to go on the VA website, anybody have a link to where these have been moved to?

What condition(s) are you looking for?

Brenda do you have a PEBLO helping you with the MEB process?

"I am scrambling for 17 years of medical documentation because all they pulled up was their electronic system now instead of reviewing what was sent first. "

I feel you should try
http://www.archives.gov/ and they will take you through the SF 180 process ifyou click on the Veterans Records button up top.

If I were you I would ask for copies of all of your military medical records and also your personnel records because in some case, the 201 files (Personnel records) can help claimants as well as their SMRs.

"They decided to proceed saying they felt they had enough information and C&P's are now made."

I wonder if they really did have enough......

Do you mean you had C & Ps already and have you requested copies of them ? If they were done at a VAMC, their Records Access Officer can release copies of them with a brief letter from you requesting the copies..

"I feel this is what the last 25 years of service has come down to, people passing the buck so the burden of proof falls back on us that are so tired of fighting already. "

You said it in a nut shell.And many of us here say...if a vet doesnt have PTSD already from service,they might get it from the miserable VA claims process.

Can I suggest that you post more on your situation in the Claims Research Forum?The one right on top of the other forums. This way the most people here will see it and respond.

Do you feel comfortable telling us what you are claiming?

Also you could potentially become eligible for either CRSC or CRDP:

http://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/payment.html

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/special-pay/comparing-crsc-and-crdp.html

CRDP is automatic if the retiree is qualified but CRSC has to be applied for....

I am a civilian but also am a hardcore VA claimant and I sure hope the Mil is adequately explaining these 2 programs to any eligible retirees, ( as well as handling the MEB as best as they can)

We also have a PEB MEB forum below that can direct you to other info.And PEB and MEBers are here as well.

Thank you for your service !And welcome to the Best place in town for VA claims help.

Edited by Berta