VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Info

Rate this question

jerlor

Question

I hate to be a pest but my nerves are getting the best of me today and this place gives good advise and is very helpful so please bear with me.

As stated earlier I got a call scheduling me for another C&P exam Feb8. It seems like I just got the letter stating that I had been awarded 100% TDIU. That letter arrived in my mail Sept.23,2010. The back page stated there would be no further exams scheduled. Here it is 4 months later and I have another exam. Is this what I can expect every few months?

I receive SS disability and thought after two and half years of VA exams that I didn't have to worry that they would take away the TDIU and reduce my benefits. I am 63 years of age, my voice is about a whisper. The VA letter states that I am rates 60% larynx cancer residuals and 30 % for major depression.

My C&P exam is for the throat, even though they don't usually send me to a ENT, the C&P doctor usually id just a regular MD.

My question is, as hard as it was to get the TDIU, would they take it away so quickly. Also is there any way to find out why? I also got a letter stating I was 100& P&T. I thought that meant no more exams.I am very confused and hate to ramble but any help would be appreciated.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

This exam in Feb, are you sure it's a C&P exam for IU or do you have another claim pending?

To answer your question, YES, they can take it away as quickly as they award it!

God Bless!

B6

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, they can take it away but it's highly unlikely unless they've made an error. I'd contact the C&P office and ask what the exam is for and mention that you are over 55yo, P&T and should have no future exams, period. They may have scheduled it in error. jmo

pr