VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc-Rehab "education Plan?"

Rate this question

ping jockey

Question

Hello,

Been a while since I've posted, and I spent a few hours trying to find the answers to my quesitions tonight.

I do want to extend my thanks to T-bird, Berta, and all the Elders who support this site. Because of you I'm now rated 60% instead of 10%. :biggrin:

Currently, I'm trudging the road toward Voc Rehab approval, and here is the situ.

I finish my Accounting Degree in 8 months.

I applied for VR in Nov to get my masters degree.

Getting a CPA license now requires 150 college credits.

The masters program starts Spring 2012; Fall 2011 in not realistic.

Met with counselor.

Dr. Cleared me for training.

VRC told me to gather ALL the education info for getting a CPA license.

I submitted it, and he's asking for an "Education Plan".

I have to finish my Accounting Degree before getting into the Master Program.

Counselor, says my application can't stay in "one" status to long, and he is asking my permission to "disconnect my claim".

1. What is an "Education Plan"?

2. Should I disconnect my claim, and reapply in 2/3 months?

3. Should I keep it active, and move forward?

4. Is keeping an application in "one status" a real issue for the VRC, and/or me?

5. What's the big deal on time? It's takes a lot of time, and work to prep for Grad School anyway.

6. HOW do I keep this alive, and moving forward?

Again, thank you all for your dedication to helping Vets.

I had many dark nights at sea, and for 5 years after discharge.

Discovering Hadit was like seeing the crack of dawn, and experiencing the calm after a Typhoon in the South Pacific.

I think he means by an Education plan, what yor future goals are as to what the education will mean to you in terms of employment.

Actually it sounds like you have already presented this to him.

"Counselor, says my application can't stay in "one" status to long, and he is asking my permission to "disconnect my claim".

I suggest that you if go to the VA web site and access all of the Voc Rehab info there as I don't think he can support a 'disconnect' with any regulation.

I am a Chapter 35er (DEA)

My Education plan on the app was one sentence.But DEA is different from Voc Rehab.

I told them my Certification was to be sent to the American Military University as, since I was civilian and veteran advocate, I needed to learn warfare tactics and battlefield command as the VA claims process was a paper battlefield.

But in your case -I think the advise you got is questionable.

Sometimes I had to wait out periods of semester time in order to get the next course I needed to take.I did have a delimiting date and it ran out but my award last year has extended it.

In that respect you are presenting a logical reason:

"The masters program starts Spring 2012; Fall 2011 in not realistic."

Do you have a VA counselor at the college?

They as well as the Voc Rehab info at VA main web site might be able to help you here.

Is there anything in your Voc Rehab documents as to any delimiting date?

My husband was Voc Rehab and I dont recall any specific time frame they gave him at all but I could be wrong.

I commend you! College is HARD work!

Gee there IS an eligibility limiting date:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/

However it can be extended as the info states.

Maybe your Voc Rehab guy is concerned over the date limits.

You are now 60% SC however and that alone should possibly warrant an extention of the limiting dates as I understand this VA info on Voc Rehab.

My Counselors response!!

Any suggestioins??

Mr.,

I am basing my recommendations on your previous email dated 1/15/11.

If you have everything in place and you are ready to go this Spring 2011, I don't see any issue supporting your training at CSUEB.

I receved the clearance from your medical provider allowing you to participate in rehab training.

My understanding is that you have to complete CSUEB requirements, e.g., GMAT, etc prior you entering their programs.

My concern is, your case can only stay in one status for a limited period of time and cannot stay in one status until Fall 2011.

But if you are ready to participate this SP 2011, please provide me with information relevant to your training, specifically, an educational plan from CSUEB.

Please advise.

Thank you.

If I were you I would read over 38 CFR Chapter 31. Maybe he is right about the status and lmits on time period.

http://cfr.vlex.com/vid/79-determining-entitlement-usage-chapter-19777874

You will get,at ths site, a pop from a Military lawyer and can ask him/her your question too.

when your counselor asked for a educational plan from csueb. I believe she meant a degree plan. Thats what my counselor wanted and this link goes to what I gave her and she was satisfied with it.my educational plan

Hello, T-Bird, Berta, All,

Thanks Chucknewcomb. After running around for a few weeks, I finally got the "Ed Plan", and as you all said; it was the simple Ed Plan sheet's the School uses to develop a plan.

I submitted it to my VRC, and he shot back an email with an OBVIOUS assumption that most people would regard as an attempt to "scuttle" the case. My relatioinship with my VRC is fair, but he's looking for a way out, AND I AM NOT GOING AWAY.

What I'd like to know is how to gracefully request a new Counselor. I'm about to get approved for the program, and once I do I'd like to have a new VRC for the duration. I don't trust this guy, and I need all the help the program has to offer: training, health, submsitance etc.

Any sage words of wisdom would be appreciated.