VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

149 Days & Counting

Rate this question

OEF 21B

Question

Well, it's been 149 days since I submitted my claim for PTSD. I've added my VA Psych diagnosis for PTSD & Panic Disorder (GAF 47) to my file as well as my Psych treatment notes (I go to the VA once a week for the OEF/OIF Group therapy class) and once a month to visit with my psychologist.

Don't know why it's taking so long, and when I call my DAV rep, he doesn't answer my phone calls. I'm still taking my meds (40mg/day of Citalopram & up to 3- 0.5mg/Xanax a day as needed) and going to ALL of my VA counseling sessions.

Is anyone else experiencing a long wait for an initial rating?

Thanks,

OEF 21B

• Answers 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, it's been 149 days since I submitted my claim for PTSD.

Is anyone else experiencing a long wait for an initial rating?

OEF 21B

OEF,

Being that it is your very first claim you will probably get an answer within the first year.

I have waited so long that I have gained 2 new Grandsons, and my silver hair has turned back to it normal color. But, I will not quit, I will not die, I have informed the wife to put me on Life Support, just to piss them off. Yes, I'm a stubborn SOB :tongue:

Papa

I have waited so long that I have gained 2 new Grandsons, and my silver hair has turned back to it normal color. But, I will not quit, I will not die, I have informed the wife to put me on Life Support, just to piss them off. Yes, I'm a stubborn SOB :tongue:

Papa

Papa,

My signature line here used to read:

I will go into the oven for cremation with either

a NOD or a Form 9

in my cold, dead hand.

I've been attending the OEF/OIF group therapy once a week and will start my PTSD-101 class this week as well. My Psychologist has me visiting him every two weeks and wants to start me on Prolonged Exposure Therapy, which I'm reluctant to do since I'm already taking at least 4-hours off each week for the classes mentioned earlier.

I did get my boss to agree to a "reasonable accommodation" of working earlier or later to make up for my VA appointments so I no longer have to burn my sick-leave.:smile:

Still takeing my meds and going to all of my VA appointments. I talked with my VSO rep and he sent a letter to the Waco office asking them for a rating decision on my PTSD since my C&P was in October and we didn't have any additional information to add to the claim. They also have copies of all of my VA treatment notes and the original VA Diagnosis of PTSD with the GAF score of 47...

So I'm still waiting patiently and taking my pills and going to my appointments!

Semper Fi - OEF 21B