VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This Positive News?

Rate this question

Omg-Sue

Question

It's been almost 8 months since filing for TDIU. Previously we were told that on Dec 6 there were 2 more phases. We called the 800# different times & were told the same thing. Today they said that the claim went to the final phase on Dec 16. Does that mean there WAS a decision, and what are we waiting for now?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA fiduciary program is an absolute fiasco as VA appointed fiduciarys have been scamming veterans with no potential responsibility taken by the VA.VAWatchdog Today has an entire section devoted to this disgusting violation of incompetent veteran's rights.

Freeman V Shinseki is in court even as we speak here to try to obtain some accountability from the VA on the absolutely disgraceful way they have allowed even a former felon to handle competency compensation money from vets.I think the news at Watchdog is just the tip f an iceberg that is going to demolish the VA fiduciary program.

The VA will most surely appoint you as the fiduciary for your husband but this can take more months of VA BS for that to occur.

They will; hold the retro until the competency issue is resolved.

Just by suggesting incompetency has been proposed means they plan on withholding his comp.

"Is that a good or bad idea (the RO )?" In most cases but not all I think it is the worse thing that can happen to any veteran without a spouse.

I have suggested in the IMO forum and state this again here-

if any vet requires an IMO for a mental disability, make sure the IMO doctor states emphatically that you are competent.

They should give a brief medical rationale for that.

The f*&$%#@ Lousy new PTSD regs (which have been challenged in court)

not only prevent a PTSD vet under the new rules to get an IMO if VA doesn't diagnose PTSD ,those rules also prevent any IMO doctor for setting them straight on any incompetency BS.

It is part of the plan.I think VA deliberately made it difficult for many PTSD vets to succeed and to handle their own compensation, knowing full well that the VA fiduciary program has become a mismanaged disgrace or somehow a benefit to the VA itself.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14071970/va-hires-convicted-felon-to-manage-veterans-money

http://www.vawatchdogtoday.org/Fiduciary_Appointments.html

The VA should order a moratorium on ALL proposed incompetency issues and send the comp retro directly to the vet without withholding it until they get their act cleaned up.

Edited by Berta

Thanks Berta; I see you have handled this problem before. We feel like the VA handed over a check with one hand & snatched it back with the other. K says, what incompetent person do you know that administers his own 16 daily meds at precisely the same time. Also he memorized 6 phone numbers in one day after we moved back to Texas.

He doesnt care if I am named fiducary because I have already done so for 9 years anyway, However, the VA C&P Dr did state that in his opinion K was not competent to manage his money.

DAV did file a letter with K's hand written request for me to administer his affairs today. He gave advise and a form for Ft Hood for commisary benefits. I also have to ASK for ChampVa; you know they dont just give this away....forms on my desk.

I am so discouraged; I could tell them that the entire retro will pay off all our bills with nothing left over. And here's your receipts. Thats the plan anyway. I will also be directly responsible to VA for keeping records "where did it all go? ". So why do those at VA administering this retro not have to answer for those same questions? At least I wont steal from him! Because he gives it all to me anyhow! LOL

I am just pissed and now, Berta, glad to have your info. Patience is the by-word again. Looks like I will be busy.

Omg-Sue I know your frustration. My C&P exam has the same

statement included in it. "I am incompetent to handle my own

financial affairs."

This bugs me all to hell. I have been paying my own bills

for 40 yrs in this same condition. Why all of a sudden I'm

unable, just because they say I am!! When she asked me if I

payed my bills, I stated that I was broke, how could I. My

wife then stated that she takes care of the bills because she

is the one working.

Wish you and K all the luck with your decision.

Omg-Sue I know your frustration. My C&P exam has the same

statement included in it. "I am incompetent to handle my own

financial affairs."

This bugs me all to hell. I have been paying my own bills

for 40 yrs in this same condition. Why all of a sudden I'm

unable, just because they say I am!! When she asked me if I

payed my bills, I stated that I was broke, how could I. My

wife then stated that she takes care of the bills because she

is the one working.

Wish you and K all the luck with your decision.

Sidney, what was your outcome? I would love to tell their Social Worker (who will come to the house) a few choice words, but that would make it worse. Were you able to keep your wife as money-manager? K wrote a request for me to be his fiduciary and we wouldnt mind our oldest daughter doing this.

I don't have an answer for you Omg-Sue. A decision has not been made on my

claim yet. I think this may be one of the reasons that it is taking so long,

because I read somewhere on the board that if they find you incompetent and you

are due a large retro(which mine will be over 4 yrs), it will take longer for

them to process the claim. I don't mine my wife being my fiduciary, but I'll be

damned if I will let some attorney appointed by the VA handle anything for me!!

The only drawback I see with this fiduciary crap is, the wife will have to account

for every dime spent. What the consequences are, I don't know. Just another way for

them to control the purse strings, even though it is suppose to be our money.

Good luck to you and K. Keep us informed as to the outcome. I'll be keeping a close

watch for your updates, because I fear I'll be going through the same process.

Sidney, what was your outcome? I would love to tell their Social Worker (who will come to the house) a few choice words, but that would make it worse. Were you able to keep your wife as money-manager? K wrote a request for me to be his fiduciary and we wouldnt mind our oldest daughter doing this.