VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostate Cancer

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

Hello, In August 2008 I got Prostate cancer, remove it October 2008. In January 2009 psa started go and by June 2009 psa was high enough to start Radiation treatment in July 2009. Watch my psa go slowly back up and by march of 2010 doctor's said they could help me should go to MD Anderson in Houston. Tx. At time I was told by a fellow Vet it could AO and i should go VA hospital. Went to MD Anderson and the Cancer in Lymph nodes and they said the Prostate cancer had metastatic. When i went VA Hospital to the Vietnam Vet. and found out about type II Diabetes, IHD. It is now January of 2011 and VA recieved all medical record and i went and my C and P at the VA Hospital in October 2010. How long should it take to get to the rater. This so file the next problem's am having.

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I wish we could say this will go fast-let's hope it does!

Sounds like they have everything they could have asked for as far as your med recs go.

DO you get SSDI? If so is it for anything SCed or potentially will be service connected?

Claim any other disabling conditions that the AO prostate cancer caused when it metastasized.

What is the 10% SC for?

The 10% was for heart condition which was two stent's. I did not make a clain IHD, but they it to me quick. They saw it in my records.

In 1990's I started having problem's with Type II Diabetes, Heart problems, Nerve and depression and brother and were older and having problems.

What is SSDI and Sced?

My Doctor has me Cymbalta for my depression and they started me on Gabapentin to help nerve probrem thats getting worse and need to file for

Have prostate cancer with having surgery, radiation, and hormornal treatments. My psa continues to rise after each treatment. My doctor is sending me to Sand Lake Imaging in Orlando to have a scan to find out where the cancer is exactly. He thinks it is in the illac chain of lymph nodes in the pelvic area. He says that radiation would be used and I could be cured. This is the best news I have had in a long time. I still receive 100% temporary for prostate cancer due to Agent Orange exposure.

Peace Cuchi

Have prostate cancer with having surgery, radiation, and hormornal treatments. My psa continues to rise after each treatment. My doctor is sending me to Sand Lake Imaging in Orlando to have a scan to find out where the cancer is exactly. He thinks it is in the illac chain of lymph nodes in the pelvic area. He says that radiation would be used and I could be cured. This is the best news I have had in a long time. I still receive 100% temporary for prostate cancer due to Agent Orange exposure.

Peace Cuchi

Peace Cuchi, I was sent to MD Anderson in Houston. They did a Full scan and found that my cancer was in the illac chain of lymph nodes in the pelvic area. We might have two different types, and in my case i ask if there was any radition treatment since it was located . They said No! Because mine was a blood born cancer, it was in all Lymph nodes. The psa cancer cells was so small it was non detected in other area's. They could give me radiation treatment for the Pelvic area, but it would come in some other area. I hope and pray for your success!!!! We seen to have similar cases of Prostate cancer. Do you have any problem's with nerves, like numbness, burning in the hands and feet. This problem is getting worse. So IHD claim is that the same as Hypertension compensation?

Thanks for sevring!!!

To SP4RVN

"What is SSDI and Sced?"

SSDI Social Security Disability Insurance. If a vet gets SSDI this can often be critical info for any TDUI claim.

Sced Service connected. I made that up because I have typed out service connected probably a million times in the past 1o-20 years and I try to save typing time.

sorry -there is an acronym list here at hadit for all the initials we use.

Guest terrysturgis

SP4, if you study this forum board you should by well on the way to a 100% service connected disabled rating. For instance, you post that you are taking Gebapentin for nerve pain. When you file for pherepheril neuropathy (SP) be sure to claim both arms and legs. I am sc'd at 40% upper body bilaterial and 30% left lower body and 30% right lower body. As you can see, those ratings add up in a hurry.

There is a VA traning letter availiable on this site that shows you what the VA should look for when a vet has DMII. Look it up. Glad you are here. I hope you receive the benefits you haved earned. Terry