VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostate Cancer

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

Hello, In August 2008 I got Prostate cancer, remove it October 2008. In January 2009 psa started go and by June 2009 psa was high enough to start Radiation treatment in July 2009. Watch my psa go slowly back up and by march of 2010 doctor's said they could help me should go to MD Anderson in Houston. Tx. At time I was told by a fellow Vet it could AO and i should go VA hospital. Went to MD Anderson and the Cancer in Lymph nodes and they said the Prostate cancer had metastatic. When i went VA Hospital to the Vietnam Vet. and found out about type II Diabetes, IHD. It is now January of 2011 and VA recieved all medical record and i went and my C and P at the VA Hospital in October 2010. How long should it take to get to the rater. This so file the next problem's am having.

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just got back from Orlando where I had a ct, mri, and another ct scan to find out my prostate cancer is now in my lymph nodes on my left side and is contained in the illiac chain. The radiologist said that I could irradicate the disease with high intense radiation to that spot. So it seems that my initial diagnosis from my urologist stating no matter what I did would help with my surviival turns out not to be true. Everyone out there please try and get a consult with Dr. Charles "snuffy" Myers Jr. in Charlottesville Va if you want to survive your prostate cancer.

Peace CCKMA ( Cancer Can Kiss My Ass)

Cuchi

CUCHI, that's great news, go for it and win! Dr. Snuffy Myers is one of the best in prostate cancer.

I review one of his papers Its dated May 2, 2007 at WWW. prostateform.com/article.05-02-07.htm/

I like to know more on the procedure in the future?

God Bless You and your fight!

I just got back from Orlando where I had a ct, mri, and another ct scan to find out my prostate cancer is now in my lymph nodes on my left side and is contained in the illiac chain. The radiologist said that I could irradicate the disease with high intense radiation to that spot. So it seems that my initial diagnosis from my urologist stating no matter what I did would help with my surviival turns out not to be true. Everyone out there please try and get a consult with Dr. Charles "snuffy" Myers Jr. in Charlottesville Va if you want to survive your prostate cancer.

Peace CCKMA ( Cancer Can Kiss My Ass)

Cuchi

I hope they warned you about radiation proctitis. The radiation can burn your colon and cause you to have rectal bleeding. My husband was on Plavix (blood thinners) and aspirin, it was 18 months after his radiation therapy, he was at driving an eighteen wheeler, thought he was having gas pains, found out his pants were full of bright red blood. Talk about excited. Somebody should have warned us.

Thanks Wildbill, With the high intense radiation it will be a hard road to recovery. The radiation treatment they gave me still causes some bleeding., but the radiation treatment he will take will be more direct to the point of the cancer and not so wide of area!

Hi Wild Bill,

Yes they should warn one about the side effects of radiation but they don't. I had rectal bleeding and peeing blood from my previous radiation treatments. It's scary to say the least. But like was said previously this will be targeted radiation to the lymph nodes and not a wide spread of radiation. I take a pill called Trental for my radiation issues for bladder and bowel and it helps. I have not bleed from either locations for some time now. I still have to live in Florida for a month for this new treatment. But luck has it my son lives 1 1/2 hours from Sarasota so he said I could stay with him for that time. I just hope my employer understands why I need to be off work. Can't wait till they start the treatment hope it's real soon. I need to talk with Dr. Myers to set this all up. Well I have talked too much need to go now.

Peace,

Cuchi

On tuesday of this week, the VA call me and told me the package was on the rater supervisor desk for Prostate,DMII. Going on the 12 months of waiting! In the last 4 months I have been told so many lies. Should I trust them? I went to the DR for blood test last week and my PSA is going back up.