VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostate Cancer

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

Hello, In August 2008 I got Prostate cancer, remove it October 2008. In January 2009 psa started go and by June 2009 psa was high enough to start Radiation treatment in July 2009. Watch my psa go slowly back up and by march of 2010 doctor's said they could help me should go to MD Anderson in Houston. Tx. At time I was told by a fellow Vet it could AO and i should go VA hospital. Went to MD Anderson and the Cancer in Lymph nodes and they said the Prostate cancer had metastatic. When i went VA Hospital to the Vietnam Vet. and found out about type II Diabetes, IHD. It is now January of 2011 and VA recieved all medical record and i went and my C and P at the VA Hospital in October 2010. How long should it take to get to the rater. This so file the next problem's am having.

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't know how to answer that one. I just hope they are telling you the truth. Sorry to hear your psa is rising. Hope they can find something to get it lowered. It's hard enough dealing with the cancer but dealing with the VA gives you more unneeded stress to deal with.

Peace,

Cuchi

Cuchi, I just want you to know that my bone scan came back clean, and VA did settle at 100 %. I'm going back to MD anderson for more test. Now that I'm a 100% comp. I will go for my SSDI because I'm getting slower. I dont know how to do that, but all these brain's in HADIT, they will find me to the next fire base.:ph34r:

I had my prostrate removed in 2004, and becuse there is no fluid to carrie sperm I'm assuming I'm sterail. I'm also type 2 dibetic and that condition causes ED which I'm comsenseated for. Can I clame sterality as a Agent Orange condition?

If you have SC DMII and/or also SC prostate cancer you could claim ED due to either or both and even possibly due to SC meds you take.

"Can I clame sterality as a Agent Orange condition?" It is not a presumptive AO condition but could be caused by many AO conditions.

• HadIt.com Elder

SP4

You can claim your SSD over the phone to get the ball rolling. Call SSA and tell them you want to claim SSD. They will send forms and set up an appointment at your SSA office.

I had my prostrate removed in 2004, and becuse there is no fluid to carrie sperm I'm assuming I'm sterail. I'm also type 2 dibetic and that condition causes ED which I'm comsenseated for. Can I clame sterality as a Agent Orange condition?

VA consider you are being payed for that thru ED. when you loss your Prostate due to AO, you loss your sperm gland. You should all ready be receiving SMC