VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fast Track And Cue

Rate this question

Deltawife

Question

Once again, this is something NO one has told my husband. He has applied for an increase in his PTSD and had 2 appts. with C & P. He's currently rated for 50% PTSD and 10 % hearing. (This was awarded to him through a Veterans Rep Office in Tulare Ca. in 2002.)

He has kept every appointment with the VA in Fresno and under the care of a primary care physician and psychologist since then.

In May of 2010 we heard gunshots outside our home. Gary ran toward the gunfire. He saw our neighbor fall from being shot. He turned him on his side so he would not choke on his blood and held pressure on his wounds. When the police arrived, they told him it was not considered a crime scene and to leave the victim alone. Erik, the victim, died.

As you can well imagine, the smell of blood and the whole incident has mentally disabled my husband. He is unable to work. We are filing for TDIU next week on Feb 3rd at his next appointment.

Gary was NEVER evaluated for his wounds. He was a gunner in Vietnam and shot down 3 times. (Has 3 purple hearts, silver star and bronze star for valor.) He also has shrapnel in his arm and it does give him pain.

Is this something he should apply for? Also, I know my next question should be in a different forum....BUT, does it sound like he should apply for CUE as well?

If you have any questions please ask....We are Desperate for help for him.

Also, please forgive me if I'm not asking correctly about all of this...I am just trying to help my husband and am new to all this VA information.

Thank you!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet