VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Exam?

Rate this question

doogie

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The additional info here leads me to believe that they will award you for PTSD.

You had an inservice stressor.It is documented as the examiner referred to the specific records in your SMRs.

Now I understand the C & P better.

I don't know how they will rate this but it does look like they will grant you SC for PTSD.

You should receive a 10-30% rating, as another member said, although the part about "fear of hostile military or terrorist activity" could be a stumbling block. The examiner misunderstood the question.

That's not unusual because if you look up the VA Directive that explains what that whole phrase means, it's rather convoluted. The question essentially boils down to this: Did the veteran meet Criterion A of the DSM-IV criteria for PTSD?

Since the doctor diagnosed you with PTSD, the answer should have been "Yes".

If you are denied based on the "fear of hostile military or terrorist activity" section you should definitely appeal. Hopefully, a sympathetic RSR will realize that the doctor messed up and either as him/her to clarify or just go ahead and give you your rating.

Thank you for your service to our country.

All the Best,

Joe

P.S. The report you posted is a good example of what I call the "Rush Job". The doctor probably didn't spend too much time with you (many examiners spend two hours interviewing a veteran and I bet this doctor didn't spend that much time talking with you); didn't administer any questionnaires; didn't use a detailed, structured interview; and didn't ask you detailed questions about impairments in functioning. If he/she had done all that there would be a lot more "meat" to the report, which usually works in the veteran's favor.