VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To View My C-File

Rate this question

Reddit

Question

My question is how do I view my c-file? Can I just drive to the Atlanta, ga office and request to view my C-File and they will let me view it right there on site, or do I have to make an appointment.

Please help. just trying to figure this system out, so I can make it work for me and my family.:rolleyes:

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

My question is how do I view my c-file? Can I just drive to the Atlanta, ga office and request to view my C-File and they will let me view it right there on site, or do I have to make an appointment.

Please help. just trying to figure this system out, so I can make it work for me and my family.:rolleyes:

I just called the 800# to request them to send me a copy. They start this up as a claim-it took about 2-3 months before I got my copy. The other thing you can do is write the VA a letter requesting a copy as well. Everyone should have a copy of there c-file if they have a lot records to see what they have, mine showed a lot of internal notes as well.

Great question and great answer!

Guess it's time to get my C-file.......I've kinda waited long enough! Just glad I didn't really need it, as the VA has done me right, as of late! But tomorrow may be a different day with the VA!

B6

Getting a copy of a C file can be Very enlightening-it sure was for me.

ALL the stuff they claimed did not exist or was missing -was right in it!!!! It is now new and material evidence.

All their snide remarks about me was in there too! Ha Ha.

Their remarks in one case supported a medical error they had made and they wrote negative stuff about me in the internal incident report.What did I have to do with their medical error? Nothing.

However their entries gave me even more evidence to prove I had confronted VA Pharmacy about it and got a ridiculous story from Pharmacy. That situation has been resolved.

I feel it is not always good idea to make appointment to review a C file-

You will be looking probably at quite a big stack of records within the stressful R0 climate.A friend of mine went all the way to Buffalo to do that-

and came home wishing he had more time because he didn't get even close to finding what he needed in it.

VA medical Records are separate from the C file.They require separate request for copies of them.