VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

i got my decision today. it was heart wrenching to say the least. the memphis VA screwed me. the intern and her boss never put in my records i was not able to work due to on going prolonged exposure. i feel as if the va blew thru my claim and gave no regard to it at all. they sd i was able to "perform simple and repetitive tasks." it would cost me more in gas to go to work at a job like that. im going to retreat to my bed for an indefinite amount of time now. i am completely heartbroken over this.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The best way to beat a denial like this is with an outside medical opinion and a hearing. That is my opinion.

I am sorry for the denial but many here have been denied and came back to get 100% P&T

thank u, pete....im compiling my documentation now. i will start w/ my primary care w/ tricare and go from there on IMO. i hope i am as lucky as the others who bounced back.

clw, I'm so sorry they did this to you. The shining light to keep before you in your mind is ALL THE RETRO they will be paying you in a nice fat chunk when you get through with them!

the intern and her boss never put in my records i was not able to work due to on going prolonged exposure.

they sd i was able to "perform simple and repetitive tasks." it would cost me more in gas to go to work at a job like that.

clw,

OK - now that you've finished licking your wounds, it's time to get your plan of action

lined up.

Is this denial a rating decision from an original request for IU, or is it an answer in response to a NOD

or a DRO decision ?

Are you in receipt of SSA benefits - if yes, why, what is stated by SSA ?

Keep in mind that

"they sd i was able to "perform simple and repetitive tasks." it would cost me more in gas to go to work at a job like that.",

is completely irrelevant regarding the VA and or SSA.

For VA - they only consider SC'd disability's for IU, any NSC disability's might be used against you to support a denial for IU.

You posted, "the intern and her boss never put in my records i was not able to work due to on going prolonged exposure."

I do not understand this statement and how you feel this impacted the decision for IU, can you go into more detail

and explain ?

i filed for SSDI at the same time i did for TDIU. SSA made a decision last thursday and said it could take up to 2 wks to get the decision letter.

this denial is from the original request for IU.

i had an intern doing my prolonged exposure therapy. just before i started that, i had also started voc rehab. when the voc rehab lady gave me an RTW form for the intern to sign off on, she (the intern) lost it. i repeatedly asked for it and she finally said, "ive discussed it w/ dr xxx and we have decided it is not good for u to go to work at this point in time." i asked if she would at least email the lady in voc rehab and she never did. nor did she put this in my file. i was communicating w/ voc rehab and letting her know what was going on and eventually i got the notice i was being pulled out of the program. but, she put on the first notice "i stopped action on your claim because you reported that you are not currently able to work and you will soon begin intensive therapy to help with PTSD. You will decline further services at this time and will reapply when your health is more stable." on the second notice from her dated a month later, she put "I stopped action on your claim because you didnt complete your evaluation." i even called and questioned her on the wording of these two notices. she told me not to worry about it. soooooooo, i feel all of this impacted my IU because in the denial letter, they stated there was no evidence in my file from a dr stating i was not able to work.

whew! i may have rambled on but i hope that helps you understand. let me know if i need to clear anything up.

clw,

OK - now that you've finished licking your wounds, it's time to get your plan of action

lined up.

Is this denial a rating decision from an original request for IU, or is it an answer in response to a NOD

or a DRO decision ?

Are you in receipt of SSA benefits - if yes, why, what is stated by SSA ?

Keep in mind that

"they sd i was able to "perform simple and repetitive tasks." it would cost me more in gas to go to work at a job like that.",

is completely irrelevant regarding the VA and or SSA.

For VA - they only consider SC'd disability's for IU, any NSC disability's might be used against you to support a denial for IU.

You posted, "the intern and her boss never put in my records i was not able to work due to on going prolonged exposure."

I do not understand this statement and how you feel this impacted the decision for IU, can you go into more detail

and explain ?