VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Docs & Disability Statements

Rate this question

autumn

Question

i had to get an IME which turned out to be just and in my favor.

but i would like to know this, and this question may be in the wrong topic area:

i have a SS claim in and no VA doctor will write a statement regarding my condition. they wouldn't write a note to a temp job last year when i attempted a few weeks of work.

i am getting a monthly check from SSD, but SSD wrote i wasn't to get retro due to my MS and spinal diseases didn't start until a year ago.

i got the IME and got service connected and recently had another C&P and that doc said i was 100% disabled and can no longer work. said he was going to write that in his report --- we'll see.

so, my question centers around my VA doctors won't write note so i can give it to SSD regarding i've had this issue and disabilities for some time, they just didnt' happen last year.

i guess i'm just dumb founded that the doctors won't do that or am i expecting too much. i meant they wouldn't even diagnose me, the C&P docs did so maybe that is why they won't write anything in support of me.

i feel pretty odd at the SS office telling them i have no doctor at the VA who will write anything regarding my condition and that i've had it and disabilities way before last year.

dumbfounded

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

at this VA, well, i can only assume. how does one request a copy?

kinda tired of making a fool of myself asking doctors for help, they nod, but nothing happens

Each VAMC has an office that you can request rec ords from. Usually its hidden in Dallas it is in the basement away from normal traffic. Anyway you provide ID and fill out a form. Computer records are usually printed out on spot and handed over to you.

Copies of z-rays and other tests may take a few weeks to get but they are pretty good at giving the records.

Every Veteran should keep copies of patient notes and anything done at VA.

Sit down when you read it cause for the most part much of what is written is not what they did.

Pete

>>Sit down when you read it cause for the most part much of what is written is not what they did.

often what i read is like night and day of what they did. i think they just do it for their own benefit/job. its a full time job keeping tabs on that as you all know.

Your not alone on this matter.. Keep your head up high and be persistent.

this website and a few others, and few vets with ms i know, are just about the only "buddy system" i have these days.

ditto on the encouragement

Another thought for appointments: on your intake, where someone asks what your pain level is, if you believe in unicorns etc, make a clear statement that you're requesting a letter summarizing how your afflictions affect your ability to work.

If the worker says, "You can talk to the doctor about that," be persistent and request that it be put in writing.

Docs have to address the issues that are recorded in your intake.

This may either help get the letter or be evidence that they aren't cooperating with your requests.

>>Another thought for appointments: on your intake, where someone asks what your pain level is, if you believe in unicorns etc, make a clear statement that you're requesting a letter summarizing how your afflictions affect your ability to work.

my neuro has never Rx'd any med for pain or even asked about the pain level after any intakes. he leaves that up to PCP. makes zero sense to me, nada

>>This may either help get the letter or be evidence that they aren't cooperating with your requests.

so then, where does a vet go to make a complaint or such about one's doctor at the VA or do you get blackballed for doing so?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use