VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Docs & Disability Statements

Rate this question

autumn

Question

i had to get an IME which turned out to be just and in my favor.

but i would like to know this, and this question may be in the wrong topic area:

i have a SS claim in and no VA doctor will write a statement regarding my condition. they wouldn't write a note to a temp job last year when i attempted a few weeks of work.

i am getting a monthly check from SSD, but SSD wrote i wasn't to get retro due to my MS and spinal diseases didn't start until a year ago.

i got the IME and got service connected and recently had another C&P and that doc said i was 100% disabled and can no longer work. said he was going to write that in his report --- we'll see.

so, my question centers around my VA doctors won't write note so i can give it to SSD regarding i've had this issue and disabilities for some time, they just didnt' happen last year.

i guess i'm just dumb founded that the doctors won't do that or am i expecting too much. i meant they wouldn't even diagnose me, the C&P docs did so maybe that is why they won't write anything in support of me.

i feel pretty odd at the SS office telling them i have no doctor at the VA who will write anything regarding my condition and that i've had it and disabilities way before last year.

dumbfounded

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

>>You go to Patient Advocate office and, when they do nothing, I believe hospital administrator/head honcho?

ok, i will follow up on that. thanks

>>re: Pain levels - At my appointments, there's always someone who takes vital signs and asks questions before I see the doc. Maybe that's not procedure at your VA.

guess i misunderstood. yes they do that here to,every time. its just i have never had a doc ask me anything about what the intake person typed into the computer, ya know? like, why ask me these things since the doc never follows up on em. the stuff is probably just entered for someone to grab statistics and give it to congress and say -- see, we are doing our job well

thanks

Write down what issues you'd like addressed at each appointment.

I've had civilian docs who only want to address the top one or two things, so make it count.

If the doc doesn't bring up items you mentioned, be sure to do it yourself.

Get a copy of your medical records to ensure your issues are being logged. If they are, and they're not addressed, you have evidence for your complaints.

Good luck! :smile:

Write down what issues you'd like addressed at each appointment.

I've had civilian docs who only want to address the top one or two things, so make it count.

If the doc doesn't bring up items you mentioned, be sure to do it yourself.

Get a copy of your medical records to ensure your issues are being logged. If they are, and they're not addressed, you have evidence for your complaints.

Good luck! :smile:

i'll try to remember this. i write things down yet sometimes i forget to look at that paper.

thx

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use