VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My History

Rate this question

me&meds

Question

My first post and i'm not good at writing, i'll try to make it short as i can.

June 2004 my employer of 30 yrs & 2 months closed down.

No insurance, started useing va. last of 2004

Social worker took me down to the vet rep and told her to sign me up for pension.

Around first of 2006 started receiving pension $5xx month added to my work retirement.

2007 got a letter saying i was diabetic, no one else had told me. Gave me 20% which was less than my pension, never received any comp. pay.

Few months later got another letter saying i didn't have diabetes anymore. Thats good i can eat what i want.

Have had feet pain starting 2004, constant since2005. VA clinic dr. said it was PN, i ask what caused it, she says probably from diabetes.

2008 SSDI started aug. , called va told them i was starting SSDI next month, checks still comming, called 3 more times that year..

Got ssdi back pay to june 2004. They say i owe $11,500 for pension payments because i didn't send in my income forms in 2009.

I thought if i didn't send them they would stop pension checks. Checks didn't stop until sept. 2009. I asked for waiver, va said no.

Started getting the bill, finaly they started taking$190 out of my SSDI checks. State rep said i couldn't get pension and ssdi back pay and

i might as well pay it. Call va and gave them my credit card info and paid them $11,500 over the phone.

Early 2010 file claim for DMll and PN, July 2010 have my 6 month check up at clinic, gives me metformin and ordered test kit, i ask what for, she says for my DMll,

that's as close to telling me i'm diabetic as they came, 3 yrs after telling me in that letter that i'm not diabetic and wondering why my feet pain keeps getting worse.,

looks like they could have told me what was happening.

Sept 2010 get the brown envelop, gave me the 20% for DMll, no PN. Found out the dr. hadn't been putting in my file the things she had been telling me.

Left her a message and asked to have it entered in my file, she done good, she even went back and changed info that other dr. had put in.

So the state rep sent another claim for PN and polyneuropathy, went to a c&p, a family doctor not at qtc. , DR. looks at my feet and puts his thumb on top of one big toe and tells me to raise it, end, that was the whole exam.

FEB.10, 2011 waiting on a decision. I had an appointment with a neurogist but got snowed out. I thought the neurogist could detirmend how much disability i have

MY home town dr. said i had PN probably from DMll, so thats 2 yes's for me.

Finally if they go with the normal 10%, how do i prove it's more severe?

Should i disagree on thier decision to pay back the $11500, June will be a year. Va says it because i didn't send in my income report and the state rep says it is because i got

back pay for SSDI.

Since i am on SSDI at 60 yrs. and va pension at 58 yrs think i could get the unemployability? sorry haven't learned all the abreviations yet..

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"FEB.10, 2011 waiting on a decision. I had an appointment with a neurogist but got snowed out. I thought the neurogist could detirmend how much disability i have

MY home town dr. said i had PN probably from DMll, so thats 2 yes's for me."

I dont understand the 2 "yes" 's-

These dont confirm to what VA needs as medical evidence.If you mean an independent medical opinin- there is info on that in or IMO forum.

"Finally if they go with the normal 10%, how do i prove it's more severe?" with the indendent medical opinion unless you can get the neuro exam you missed reschedued and the neuro gives a full medical rationale regarding the extent of the PN disability and that it6 is secondary to your DMII.

Why did they deny the PN? Can you scan and attach the part about their Reasons and Bases? (cover personal stuff)

If you get an IMO make sure the IMO doctor has a copy of the C & P results for the PN....did they give you a PN C & P ?