VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Persian Gulf Illness Claim Approved

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

I got a letter from the DAV that stated that my increase was approved, however I have not gotten anything from the VA yet. When I spoke to the DAV, they said that it could be 3 days to 14 days. The Va will not tell me a thing. Money is really tight, has anyone had this situation. How long did you wait for retro pay? How long did it take the VA to act?? any help is appreciated. thanks

dav letter is dated 2/3/11

That is what I am doing was just wondering, claim is about 2.5 years old, so it should be a good sum to pay off some bills and get my head above water

Keep an eye on your bank account, the retro may beat the award letter.

J

That is what I am doing was just wondering, claim is about 2.5 years old, so it should be a good sum to pay off some bills and get my head above water

It will require additional signatures if it is very large, but I'm not sure the amount or how much the delay is. Best thing is to just "hurry up and wait." Either way congrats, mine was denied first time around and I will have to file an NOD soon.

Regards,

Bergie

I know a Gulf vet who got a big check in the mail less than 3 weeks from his C&P...mind you it took 3over 3 yrs to get his 2 C&P's and the VARO and his VSO didn't have a clue what was going on...It took a couple of weeks for them to realize what happened...he laughed all the way to the bank. He did sign up for auto deposit after he got 2 monthly checks. But the first one was a doosey...over 47k SO good luck and keep checking the bank too.

Edited by halos2

I am amazed that it was approved the first time around, I have two other claims that are being released to the BVA now that this one is cleared up. I am hoping by the end of next week to see it in may bank account, would be nice.