VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Persian Gulf Illness Claim Approved

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

I got a letter from the DAV that stated that my increase was approved, however I have not gotten anything from the VA yet. When I spoke to the DAV, they said that it could be 3 days to 14 days. The Va will not tell me a thing. Money is really tight, has anyone had this situation. How long did you wait for retro pay? How long did it take the VA to act?? any help is appreciated. thanks

dav letter is dated 2/3/11

This is great news and as many said- keep checking the bank account and/or mail box.

The last check I got-(had to fight almost a year fr it after the award but this was Not a compensation check) VA said it would be sent directly to my bank and that I should inform my bank with their letter that it was coming.I have direct deposit.

But my bank didn't get it and 2 weeks went by-it snowed so much one day I didn't even go down to my mailbox (I get rural delivery)and figured maybe the bank had the money by then-I called but they still didn't have it.

The next day my mail box door had blown open and there was the check under 4 inches of snow.Geez- why did they send me a letter for my bank f they were going to mail it?

Vetinpa- if you feel the retro amount is wrong you can definitely appeal it but I sure hope it is RIGHT!And that it comes SOON! Waiting is stressful.

wow, under the snow, unreal huh.

I did talk to the VA today, I was told by the 800 number people that it is approved, it is in the final stages, this stage could take between 10-27 days (odd number, huh), then it would go to authorization that would take another 10-14 days. So, I am probably looking at the middle of next month right? I was so excited when I got the letter from the DAV, thinking okay, big brown envelope then my retro. Now it seems like it will be at least another month long wait. Could this be wrong?????

Appreciate all the input

Have a great day!

I hear ya, just seems strange the DAV got word, so there is a decision, why they leave the cat out of the bag so to speak, then you wait and wait, and wait. I am hoping not to wait much longer. This claim has a lot of dust on it.

Well the VSO said between 3-14 days, but when I spoke to the people on the 800 number they said that it is in the notification phase which means it could stay there for 16-27 days, then it has to go to the authorization stage which is another 10-14 days, not real sure who has the most reliable information. Just came on here to ask thinking maybe some of you all had some experience in this type of situation and could give some thoughts on it. appreciate your time.