VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Persian Gulf Illness Claim Approved

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

I got a letter from the DAV that stated that my increase was approved, however I have not gotten anything from the VA yet. When I spoke to the DAV, they said that it could be 3 days to 14 days. The Va will not tell me a thing. Money is really tight, has anyone had this situation. How long did you wait for retro pay? How long did it take the VA to act?? any help is appreciated. thanks

dav letter is dated 2/3/11

Gunner,

My claim was done out of the Pittsburgh office, They assign the VSO to you, so recommending someone would not help. I would say to pick up the phone or write them. They are in the federal bldg, same as the VA.

Contact: Disabled American Veterans, 412-395-6241 or 6242 1000 Liberty Ave. Room 1606 Pittsburgh, PA. 15222

Hope you get the help you need.

Just to add- Iraq and AFganistan veterans fall under the Gulf war presumptives to include the diseases that Secretary Shinseki added last year:

http://www.vmwusa.org/index.php/component/content/article/41-headline-news/174-presumptive-regs-published

There is a SVR show I did on these new presumptives in the SVR archives we have here.

I guess I am waiting on signatures, what ever that means!!!!!!!!

Vetinpa,

So your claim has been ongoing for 3.5 yrs? I just put in claims in Aug 2010 for PTSD (had a C&P 2/10/11), vitiligo (skin condition), CFS(which covers all of the muscle pain, joint pain,and other things that go with it), panic attacks, anxiety attacks, headaches, numbness in arms and legs, and went to Georgetown Chronic Pain & Fatigue Research Center in January and the Dr. there that is funded by the DoD diagnosed me with GWI, not sure if that is a filable claim yet? What kind of skin condition do you have?

I am already going nuts and it's only been 3 weeks but I have been told it could take months. Good going in your claim, I hope to soon be in a good rating like you.

Peace

BB

I just put in claims in Aug 2010 for PTSD (had a C&P 2/10/11), vitiligo (skin condition), CFS(which covers all of the muscle pain, joint pain,and other things that go with it), panic attacks, anxiety attacks, headaches, numbness in arms and legs, and went to Georgetown Chronic Pain

Bryant,

Welcome to Hadit.com

The issues I bolded and underlined above - if service connection (SC) is granted,

will all be combined together under one rating for mental health.

Vetinpa,

So your claim has been ongoing for 3.5 yrs? I just put in claims in Aug 2010 for PTSD (had a C&P 2/10/11), vitiligo (skin condition), CFS(which covers all of the muscle pain, joint pain,and other things that go with it), panic attacks, anxiety attacks, headaches, numbness in arms and legs, and went to Georgetown Chronic Pain & Fatigue Research Center in January and the Dr. there that is funded by the DoD diagnosed me with GWI, not sure if that is a filable claim yet? What kind of skin condition do you have?

I am already going nuts and it's only been 3 weeks but I have been told it could take months. Good going in your claim, I hope to soon be in a good rating like you.

Peace

BB

They don't really give me a diagnosis on the skin, it is wide spread though and continues to spread even today, very bad in the heat. they list it under sorisis (sp) but it is not sorisis, they have called it telangistasis, but there is surface and under the surface issues if that makes sense. They say they could lazor it out but it would come back, go figure. So not real sure what it is, I have had it since I come out in 92, they say to avoid the sun, cover my skin, which it is all over both arms, chest and some face and neck. I have learned to live with it but people do look at me strange. I know they wonder what the heck it is. Needless to say, no strappy dresses here.

Got my brown envelope today, of course they said that this increase is not permanent, so they will do a future reveiw, I don't see how they expect it to get better, the fibromyalgia has been getting worse and worse and what has caused me to seek treatment. I guess I will just have to keep the documentation on treatment and continue to treat as needed. They don't live me my daily pain and fatigue.