VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Inpatient

Rate this question

maset22

Question

Sorry if I posted this twice, Part of me is dealing with unsureness on my part, so here is the question? Is there any drawback from been an inpatient, it was suggested to me today by my group psychology, I am all for it, we are in the process of dealing with which one is the best and how far it will be. also a big concern to me will that be a factor in my second amendment.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The short answer is:

Always remember....As long as you check yourself in, you can check yourself out.

But if they commit you, your second amendment right is gone. As long as you check yourself in you won't have a problem.

I spent three years in Waco VA hospital psych ward, and I went through the PTSD program in Palo Alto california, but the trick is to check yourself in before someone does it for you.

These programs can really help......But it depends on the vet and where he is at, if you are really wanting to get help and work on yourself (which you sound like you do) then try the program if it's not working you can always leave.

Sorry if I posted this twice, Part of me is dealing with unsureness on my part, so here is the question? Is there any drawback from been an inpatient, it was suggested to me today by my group psychology, I am all for it, we are in the process of dealing with which one is the best and how far it will be. also a big concern to me will that be a factor in my second amendment.

• HadIt.com Elder

I spent one month inpatient. I am glad I did it cause I learned a lot and the fact that VA puts you in for treatment helps win claims.

Part of me is dealing with unsureness on my part, so here is the question? Is there any drawback from been an inpatient,

it was suggested to me today by my group psychology,

I am all for it, we are in the process of dealing with which one is the best and how far it will be.

also a big concern to me will that be a factor in my second amendment.

I have heard more good than bad from people that have done inpatient treatment / therapy

for mental health disability's.

I am not clear on your concerns with your 2nd amendment rights.

Does your concern involve:

1) right to bear arms on Federal (VA) property while you are an inpatient ?

If yes, if you have a vehicle with you at inpatient, leave it in your vehicle.

2) having the right to bear arms even tho you have participated for mental health treatment

as an in patient ?

If yes, this should not have an effect on you but these laws vary by state and you can easily

check out your State Statues.

Thanks Carlie, my concern was the issue of number 2. on my second amendment. Also the feelings I still carry after all these years dealing with PTSD, the self dought, and been angry at myself at times and the people that love me, for what I perceive as don't understand or don't care, even thou that might not be the case. I was glad to find a group that is there to really work, going from vulnerable to defensive in a flash. Good to read your name as I remember from a few years back, and Pete 53 How are you doing ? And thanks Hawkfire27. You were fire perfect.

Edited by maset22

• HadIt.com Elder

I am doing pretty good thanks for asking. The fact is that if you work hard you will get tools that help you deal with people and the VA,

The first week was difficult but it got a lot easier but trust me boot camp was harder so I think that you should consider going,

A question for all, including myself; A statement first, As we once were fearless at it might seem, and now some of us try to hang on to that feelings for over twenty years or more, but age, and situation shows us that we have change, How do we fit God in our struggle? First, we might say, but then we have the same struggle? help me someone to figure out why so much pain? loneliness is a big part of it.