VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Questions Regarding Agoraphobia/gad

Rate this question

flamethrower12

Question

I will try to make sense, but I'm really confused. I got out of service in 2005 and filed a claim for PTSD. I was in a bad place at that time. Very paranoid, suspicious, untrusting, hypervigiliant, the whole 9 yards. My active duty military records supported the PTSD claim. When they set me up for a C&P, I was very anxious and skipped the appointment. Not good, I know. I kept falling into a deeper whole and finally hit rock bottom. I went back and reopened the claim in 2010. Instead of PTSD, my VSO advised me to file as panic disorder and anxiety. I had new and material evidence, because I had been seen by 3 private doctors for the above mentioned issues. They all concluded I had PTSD severe, agoraphobia, panic disorder, major depression disorder. I had my C&P in May. I was extremely anxious and guarded, but I made sure to go to that appt. The psych stated in my c&p notes that there was indeed an inservice stressor and that the military doctors while I was active duty even noted the panic attacks and PTSD. I got my award letter, with a total % of 70, but only 50% was for panic disorder/mdd/agoraphobia. Here are my questions:

1. Since I failed to go to my first c&P in 2005, even though my active duty records support the ptsd/panic attacks, is it fair to assume that I will be unable to file an appeal for have an initial date for 2005?

2. I have not been able to stay at a job for more than one year. I have had 3 jobs since 2006, and did not last more than 1 year at any. I left voluntarily, because I can't handle being around people. Should I file a UI claim or just keep job bouncing? I don't handle stess well, and I don't know if I could go through the whole UI process w/o getting extremely anxious.

3. Since May, I have seen a VA psychiatrist regularly, as well as other VA doctors. My PCP stated in his notes that he believed I suffered from conversion disorder. My psych put in his notes that my stress is causing major physical symptoms like nausea, dizziness, dysfunctional vocal cords, digestive symptoms. The VA has sent me to so many drs to find out what is wrong, and they all find no major illness, just extreme stress. I was hospitalized once for extreme physical stress. I guess it has a "psychiatric" name, and it is in my notes, but I'm not sure what it is called. Would this, as well as my agoraphobia, be a good cause for filing UI, or should I just keep plugging along?

4. If I do file UI, since I had a C&P 7 months ago, and all notes are already in VA system from my other drs, will I have another C&P? Can't they or will they just contact my current VA psych for a medical opinion?

Thank you for any advise. I'm pretty lost and stessed here. Sorry for all of the questions.

Adam

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. My advice is win the claim first and than argue about effective dates while you are getting a check.

I will try to make sense, but I'm really confused. I got out of service in 2005 and filed a claim for PTSD. I was in a bad place at that time. Very paranoid, suspicious, untrusting, hypervigiliant, the whole 9 yards. My active duty military records supported the PTSD claim. When they set me up for a C&P, I was very anxious and skipped the appointment.

I got my award letter, with a total % of 70, but only 50% was for panic disorder/mdd/agoraphobia. Here are my questions:

Adam

flame,

Welcome to Hadit.com

Please post exactly what is stated on your Rating Decision in the Reasons and Bases Sections,

leave out your name, SSA/Claim number, address.

Post all the VA stuff exactly as stated, to include why they decided on what effective dates.